Are corrupted maps 'different'?

I have absolutely nothing to go on for this, but I just tried a bog-standard corrupted map (corrupted a cartho box for fun)...
L66 Orchard, +18%, no mods, corrupted...

I got this from it (plus a fragment):

It also seemed to me that there were way more monsters that there would be in a 'normal' Orchard map.

Anyone else thinking corrupted maps may behave differently in ways that are not obvious? Of course, it could also just be RNGesus (and probably is)...
Last edited by Cyzax on Nov 17, 2014, 9:17:38 AM
For me, I had carto box last night and vaaled it. Got 17 maps from which I did a normal (white) corrupted Mountain Ledge, just for the fun of it since I outlevel that by far.

Got 3 maps, 2 x 67 and a 69. That's it, no uniques.
IMO all RNG.
But I have to admit that with the new change in corrupted maps, we had a feeling of 'boss drops a map, sac frag or unique', at least one of those. Not 100% but close. So in some way we do have a feeling of something extra. I still believe it is RNG:)
Figure it is RNG, but if it was me, I'd have put in some 'hidden' modifiers that might come through on corrupting :-p
Last edited by Cyzax on Nov 17, 2014, 5:35:58 PM
lotta people seem to think this and i have to say some of my best drops have been in places of corruption
I played 4 corrupted maps and only 1 of them gave me a vaal fragment. It is still luck dude.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info