Review of two similar builds

Hey guys, I put together this build with a bit of a variation between them. It is a fire build. I am planning to use molton strike, and also EK + added fire damage.

Trees: #1 and #2

Can somebody give me their thoughts about this?
1) Don't use all 120 points. Use 100-105 points for a realistic lvl80-85 build.
2) Don't mix attacks and spells. Unless you do a CoC build mixing both results in a mediocre build as you don't have enough points to get attack and spell passives.
3) For example: You spent a lot of points to get Iron Grip which doesn't apply to EK (and also only to the projectiles of MS)
4) Unless you have a way to convert 100% of your non-fire damage to fire, taking Avatar of Fire is a bad idea as 50% of your physical damage will be discarded.
5) Overall the trees are highly inefficient. You are all over the place and spend a lot of points just to get to some so-so nodes (for example 5 points just to get Golem's Blood).

Make either a MS melee build or an EK spellcaster. There are several MS guides in the scion list and some EK guides in the shadow list which can be tweaked for scion. Have a look at them.
Thanks Bada, is there somewhere that says Iron Grip doesn't support EK? From the notes on it "Strength applies to Projectile Attacks as well as Melee Attacks" implies that it does.

"
4) Unless you have a way to convert 100% of your non-fire damage to fire, taking Avatar of Fire is a bad idea as 50% of your physical damage will be discarded.

I was little unsure of taking this keystone. I saw there is a gem that does cold -> fire, but that doesn't seem good enough.

Re Golem's Blood: Originally I was going across the bottom to get to Finesse, and I saw somewhere that they took the right at Sentinel to get there. Since I was down there, I just figured it was an easy snag.

I took a look at Tempada's EK build, and came up with this tree. What are your thoughts on it? The two unsures are the constitution life ring, and the heart and soul group near the witch starting.
Iron Grip: the keyword is projectile ATTACKS. EK is a spell.

Is there a reason you want to start as scion? For EK scion is a bad starting point. You will end up with a shadow build that has a starting penalty as you will have to waste 4 points on really mediocre nodes to get out of the scion start while the shadow starts with the 2 most important stats for EK (physical damage and cast speed).
My advice: If you want to make an attack build (with molten strike) you can stick with scion. There are some guides for that. If you want to go for EK, start as shadow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info