need help imporoving my lvl 87 witch (she dies all the time)

hi,

i am playing a flameblast elemental proliferation witch. I am looking for help because she is dying alot in higher lvl maps, here is my skill tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwSzBUIFWwceB6UI9A5IEFgRlhJpFE0VUBZvFr8XHBhlGjgabB8CIbAkqiaVKU8qjSycLpQ09zY9NsU22DbpOlg8BT1fQZZG10kbSVFJskyzUlNVS1XGXcZd8l8qYG1h4mKsakNrF2yMbRlxeX_GghCCHoKbgziD24dli4yMNpBVlSCVLpeFl5WX9J1jnYCdqp2un9-iAKKjpLGnCKeErJius6-btQS86sBUwfPQ9dgk2t3bC93z34rfsONq44TkIuWO6-TsOOxV73zwH_DV8Ww=

and here is my gear:

Spoiler

i already use cwdt ec ic id + cws fw id, so what should i do next?
Last edited by vangrandson on Nov 16, 2014, 12:17:04 PM
"
vangrandson wrote:
I am looking for help because she is dying alot in higher lvl maps....

In my opinion you are dying because you go full glass cannon. Those rings and the amulet don't have any +life, +ES or decent resists. You play dualwield which means you do not block plus you do not have any decent armor or evasion. Of course you will die a lot if you almost have no defence.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Nov 16, 2014, 1:05:18 PM
You didn't say what kills you. Reflect? Fast enemies?

On first glance, I'd say you're heavily specced into offense, which is probably an overkill with a powerful skill like flameblast. However, all that power is hard-earned, as the skill requires a stationary playstyle, similar to incinerate, with the additional lack of steady leech, FB leeches in bursts. To add insult to injury, reflect also comes in bursts.

And that means flameblast must be built significantly more tanky than your average spellslinger. And I just don't see that on you, cloak of defiance is all well and good and arctic armor helps versus reflect, but you got life on a grand total of two items out of ten and that's a big no-no right there. Also, 'significantly more tanky' means you'd be hard pressed to get by without block and spell block, frankly I'd be surprised if this char had a low death toll.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwbpB6UI9Az3DlwQWBEPFVAWbxcvGmwdTySqJLAk2CdhKPorDSycLR8vbzW5Nuk6WDwtQYdCS0SrRX5FnUmyTLNPfVFgU1JVrlXGVdZXK1xrXh9fKl_KZOdqQ2r6axdtGXC7dFV2EX6vfuKAVoCkghCCHoLHg9uESIVthcWG0YhCjRmPRo-mlSCa4Juhna6nCKcrqZWsmLc-uJO86r2CwFTBxcHzw23GrtWB2L3ZE9lf2wvdjN-K37DfvuAS42rnC-kC6dXr7uwY87731_no-tL-Cv6z

my CoD MoM arcer with block/spell-block (current setup for Atziri, just remove the witch spell block nodes)

Basically you need block, mana, mana regen, life, ES

You are close to many great block nodes by the templar

Use this shield:

The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
thank you for the answers but,

you do all like my build is a complete failure but i can do maps up to level 75 without dying the problems start with maps lvl 76-78 on these i have to roll hard mods to sustain my map pool and than i die every 8-10 map.

But you are right i should have taken some block nodes and i will take them when i get a free respec in a few weeks

oh and i have 3.7k life + 1k unreserved mana + aa + one burning mobs is the reason why i dont die in lower lvl maps, reflect isnt an issue because i dont have to charge the flameblast fully, the burn damage kills the mobs
Last edited by vangrandson on Nov 16, 2014, 2:15:30 PM
-edit-
Last edited by rem3thed2 on Nov 16, 2014, 2:58:04 PM
"
vangrandson wrote:

you do all like my build is a complete failure but i can do maps up to level 75 without dying the problems start with maps lvl 76-78 on these i have to roll hard mods to sustain my map pool and than i die every 8-10 map.

But you are right i should have taken some block nodes and i will take them when i get a free respec in a few weeks

oh and i have 3.7k life + 1k unreserved mana + aa + one burning mobs is the reason why i dont die in lower lvl maps, reflect isnt an issue because i dont have to charge the flameblast fully, the burn damage kills the mobs

There's a full passive respec in a few weeks?
you could also try to use a skellie-totem on your gloves or one of the catalysts

spell-totem + summon skeletons + faster casting (+ blind).

It can help alot
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
"
Natharias wrote:
There's a full passive respec in a few weeks?

Don't think so, they do two 3 month leagues before major content patch now.

"
vangrandson wrote:

I guess the tone might be a bit harsh, but aside from dual-wielding caster weapons, you're wearing not one but two Mokous, which is saying a lot. And when a dps chaser complains about dieing and knows very well what's wrong, he's lucky if he doesn't get a 'serves yourself right'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 16, 2014, 4:34:12 PM
The respec has been confirmed. I've seen it about 2 weeks ago in thread with the appropriate link to the source from GGG staff.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info