You know considering how people think getting Shav is instant OP

"
Naw what you actually mean is solo self found is too hard why is the game balanced around everyone having acuity and dozens of exalts to trade.

You completely assault every single post and drop some QQ bomb on it. "Everyone having acuity" LOL.

My guess is that you are not just a frustrated stubborm self-found, but also a crit, acuity, lowlife, exalted, mirror eternal hater.

Leave the QQ club and buy some baseline, with time it will flow and you will like it, believe me.

A decent amount of people actually do use lorica, which should speak volumes about how nutty shavs is, if anything. 500+ base ES is nothing to scoff at.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
chromafunk wrote:
"
Naw what you actually mean is solo self found is too hard why is the game balanced around everyone having acuity and dozens of exalts to trade.

You completely assault every single post and drop some QQ bomb on it. "Everyone having acuity" LOL.

My guess is that you are not just a frustrated stubborm self-found, but also a crit, acuity, lowlife, exalted, mirror eternal hater.

Leave the QQ club and buy some baseline, with time it will flow and you will like it, believe me.

You know the post is sarcastic right.

Lurk around more.

I'm also a trading/party player with a couple of self-found characters with tons of legacy crit gear and exalts.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Nov 17, 2014, 2:58:49 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
I wonder why all the people complaining about never getting a shav drop, use Solaris Lorcia instead which is the exact same thing but you have 1k less ES after wearing it but will apparently do 300k+ dps ez because shav op.

I mean it's that easy imirite ;v Everyone complained that it's unfair that there is a "build enabling unique" and wanted a cheapo version that would make it fair because it would be accessible.

you are assuming they arent also talking about lorica? cause i have a lorica , and it is pretty nuts. shavs is more desirable because it is an int based chest and the strongest supports in the game are int based right now.

alot of my mates have often joked that they wouldn't even bother buying a shavs if there was a low level int based armor that had its signature stat. then again these are the kind of people who are rich enough to dump 1000s of chromes on an item to get exactly what they want.

considering a shavs is 100 exa more than a lorica a few thousand chromes is a pitiful sum to deal with.

Shavs is more of a figurehead right now than anything else , hell half the low life builds I see these days arent even using shavs but 6l loricas.

And the ones that arent using either are using the vertex with capped chaos res and 35% life , which is perfectly viable if a little restrictive in some areas

but the best thing to do is rock the classic zahndethus set up , go go magic fart fighting monks
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Nov 17, 2014, 4:42:27 PM
Good solris is balanced. Working as intended glass cannon Low Life. Shavs not so much. Non shaves 800 es chest with 75% chaos not so much. There you can have it all 9-11 aura, DPS and not glass because you have over 5500 ES.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Good solris is balanced. Working as intended glass cannon Low Life. Shavs not so much. Non shaves 800 es chest with 75% chaos not so much. There you can have it all 9-11 aura, DPS and not glass because you have over 5500 ES.

so i guess the best item in the game shouldn't be the best item in the game or what the fuck do you want? mirrored weapons >>>>> shavronne's
"

You have 5500 ES if you have really good gear. If you don't go mortal conviction, you don't have 9-10 auras. If you go mortal conviction, the gearing is even harder and you are sitting at a less than acceptable, glass-cannon level ES ( 3.500 / 4200 ) Meaning that you are going to die a lot. Yeah maybe if you play some maps without dangerous mods you can think you are OP, but then go and play on a full party with some tough mods and see what happens.

I think it is actually balanced. If you play low life you know the gearing requirements to be really powerful are insane and very end-game oriented.

To have a low life character that has enough survivavility you need almost every slot mirrored + acuity. If you go defensive becasue the gear is lacking the precious and expensive offensive stats, you lose A LOT of DPS. If you instead go for the offensive stats but lack the ES you will be glassy and will die so much it is not even worth it. So the only real solution is to mirror the rest of the gear to have both of the stats.

I think what was really game breaking was Spectral Throw because it is ranged and gives you the opportunity to avoid many obligatory defense mechanisms in order to survive, thus being confortable using all the offensive auras and avoiding getting hit.

Now go ahead and take the same LL CoE ST char and use Reave instead. Uhm, you need to facetank monsters. Let's see how much can you survive then, with 4500ES even doing 500K DPS and even having Acuity equipped.

The Lorica is the glass cannon version of the Shavs, because when you use a lorica means you are poor, means you can't even think of getting good jewelry and shield to compensate the loss of going low life, wich is completely ok as you are accepting you are going lowlife full glass cannon.

Truth is people buy a shavs thinking it's OP and then they realize they will need 800 exalted more of gear to make it, and there is also people that sells it after they realize a shavs is not even worth for most build types, because the investment needed to make it work nicely is insane.

If you play "moderated" shavs low-life, AKA 5 aura non-mortal conviction the DPS is not even close and makes you think of other, cheaper solutions like going CI or even life instead of low life.

Got a Shav, gave it to a friend. Fuck, this chest is overvalued. I know, that's just a thing everyone wants to have, but i'm 100% sure that 90% of the poe players won't play low life build, so do not go mad about having it. We can see some people from the forum that are creative and can succesfully play endgame even with 5l chest and mid-tier geart. Be fucking creative. This game does not own you ANYTHING. Point.
ING: UnstructuredNoise, StructuredNoise, ThreeSixFive
"
Antnee wrote:
Honestly, with how easy it is to get a decent amount of chaos res from the tree alone...

A?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
When u use lorica, u become very limited in other gear choices, because u need to compensate no es on chest. With shavs u can use maligaros for nice dps boost or acuity AND lioneyes paws for stun immunity or what ever u want. Not having es on the chest means u need to have it everywhere else.
The argument "most lowlife builds, i know, use lorica..." is total bullcrap. Any of this builds will instantly switch to shavs, if they would get one. They just use lorica, because either they can't afford shavs or want to make budget low life build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info