I got in but can't play :(

So, I got a beta invite, and quickly installed the game onto both my laptop and then my desktop after realising my laptop is not good enough.

Then, even on 1024x768, and other low settings I still lag. This is on my desktop:
- 4gb Ram : Vista
- Quad-Core 2.4GHz
- nVidia 8600GS

Basic specs of the machine.

Wanted to post this for those who are unsure on whether they can play it, and get some info on whether they can. I assume I maybe able to play on 800x600... but that is too low res, my graphics card is the problem. Hopefully, more graphic options will be added so I can lower weather etc which are the main causes of problems.

*When/If I get a friend invite I will be starting a topic to give it away to someone.
Now that is just terrible there my friend... but then again why not just play it on 800x600?
I stare at my arm and wonder why I have so many veins.
Sorry to hear MikeW.

Have you updated your drivers for your video card and all that jazz?

I wish you luck and I can't wit to your next topic with a give away comes (if you get another key)
That's terrible, sorry man I hope you manage to play ._.
Got beta key on 15/11/2011, thanks dave01
8600GS is a low spec Graphic card (i have 8600GT and kinda sucks, but i know it's way better than GS).
If you could upgrade your graphic card you'd way better performance on every game.

Just a guess, wait for someone else's response.
Last edited by KurzedMetal on Oct 24, 2011, 6:37:49 PM
8600 GS should still play the game I'd think. It's essentially the same as the upper 6000 series, which have been reported to be essentially the lowest tier that the game is playable on.

I'd update your drivers and make sure that the lag isn't coming from HDD access.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
MikeW wrote:
So, I got a beta invite, and quickly installed the game onto both my laptop and then my desktop after realising my laptop is not good enough.

Then, even on 1024x768, and other low settings I still lag. This is on my desktop:
- 4gb Ram : Vista
- Quad-Core 2.4GHz
- nVidia 8600GS

Basic specs of the machine.

Wanted to post this for those who are unsure on whether they can play it, and get some info on whether they can. I assume I maybe able to play on 800x600... but that is too low res, my graphics card is the problem. Hopefully, more graphic options will be added so I can lower weather etc which are the main causes of problems.

*When/If I get a friend invite I will be starting a topic to give it away to someone.

That has GOT to win for biggest buzz-kill. :o(

Most games have options to reduce the strain the game imposes on your system, but I think those are more the icing-on-the-cake things the developers worry about after the dust settles and the game approaches release.

Some things I do if my PC is acting up is:
-reboot (sometimes the poor bugger has been up days)
-defragment the h.d.d.
-check to ensure NOTHING is running in the background.
-that's about it... It's very likely nothing I said will work or even help, but I honestly feel for you as I can imagine getting a key and not being able to use it.

Best of luck to you!

give us it
DanAbnormal
All generalizations are false.
haha your comp should run this easy...im on a dell inspiron e1505 with only 2 gigs of ram and a mobility radeon x1400 haha 800x600 FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Make sure you get the latest drivers for your video card from http://www.geforce.com/Drivers (or go to nvidia.com which redirects to there now, news to me..)

I've seen games go from being a slideshow of unplayability to completely playable just by upgrading drivers.

I haven't tested the game on your specific card so I can't guarantee it'll make it playable, but it's certainly worth a try.
Hah, personal attendance from the devs to try and make the game run as smoothly as possible!
I like this game already.
:-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info