anyone else play grim dawn?

I've owned this game for quite some time but I haven't played it recently. With the release of Talisman, Devillian and Season 6 for League coming up it is so hard to fit in the time.
Last edited by RawrSlox on Dec 31, 2015, 3:49:15 AM
http://www.grimdawn.com/game.php

Feast!

You can really feel the game has been crafted slowly with patience, and that great attention has been paid to details and classic features.

- Specific items can be farmed from specific bosses, which can drop with random affixes too.

- Components used in crafting drops from certain types of monsters.

- It is realistic to farm the highest types of equipment on your own without wasting thousands of hours trying to afford it through trading.

- No online checking shit. If you want you can just copy your save files/stash whatever u want.

- "Powerful" modding tools will be added on full release(couple of months)

- The world is dark and gritty - their colors of choice are like the spells of warlocks in wow - Fire, shadow, Nether(greenish), Purple(corruption), Necromancer sacred blue, blood, etc.

- So funny items, so many procs and various shit you can get that will cause devastation on the battlefield and/or simply look cool.

- Items look good, although it is titan quest engine(bit childish engine look)

- Somehow they found a healthy balance between it being casual friendly while having lots of satisfying theorycrafting to also engage in, but that is straightforward and simple enough that even if you stumble around blindfolded you'll be able to make something quite good.

My only concern is if its too easy to acquire the things you want so that the endgame doesn't last for years, but honestly, it feels pretty fucking good right now - it's the closest feeling to diablo i've had since Diablo - in that simple mindless fun way where sometimes you step back from farming so many hours in a row but then very soon you come back because you simply think about all the cool things you want to try.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jan 4, 2016, 5:50:29 AM
"
RawrSlox wrote:
I've owned this game for quite some time but I haven't played it recently. With the release of Talisman, Devillian and Season 6 for League coming up it is so hard to fit in the time.

Devillian is pretty terrible though... so much pay to win.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I play grim dawn.

I currently have a lvl 66 soldier/shaman reflect/retaliate build

It doesn't have high clear speed, but it has the best survivability I've experienced in the game so far. I think I've died twice. (once to a lvl 85 spellcaster in pvp; and once to the end boss on elite mode).

I basically just run into the middle of a huge crowd of baddies and watch as they pummel themselves to death on me.
GD is the best ARPG on the market, hands down. It has more depth and... 'gravity' than D3 and it isn't nearly as grindy as PoE (and no 'economy' to deal with). I've been playing it pretty much nonstop.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
GD is the best ARPG on the market, hands down. It has more depth and... 'gravity' than D3 and it isn't nearly as grindy as PoE (and no 'economy' to deal with). I've been playing it pretty much nonstop.

I'm a huge fan of Titan Quest, so will definitely try Grim Dawn when I get a chance.
though at this point nothing in my opinion can rival Path Of Exile's massive tree and Gems and Jewels.
grind? well PoE's "RNG for the sake of RNG" in every possible spot from loot to content-locking, is only tolerable for the first ~3 years.
if RNG in Grim Dawn is used as intended - meaning biased and task-driven - that just may be a decisive point for me.
but will still play both regardless.

P.S: good to see you posting again, Witt.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
GD is the best ARPG on the market, hands down.

I tend to not wholeheartedly disagree.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
johnKeys wrote:

I'm a huge fan of Titan Quest, so will definitely try Grim Dawn when I get a chance.
though at this point nothing in my opinion can rival Path Of Exile's massive tree and Gems and Jewels.
grind? well PoE's "RNG for the sake of RNG" in every possible spot from loot to content-locking, is only tolerable for the first ~3 years.
if RNG in Grim Dawn is used as intended - meaning biased and task-driven - that just may be a decisive point for me.

Grim Dawn does have its own version of "massive tree" and how it is approached is very interesting once you give it a whirl. You just need to be very devoted to Grim Dawn to find out. As for jewels, if you have played Titan Quest, you know components are the closest thing to how jewels are but with some twists, it is just treated the same way like gems, socket them into the gear.

Pertaining to the grind part, since Grim Dawn is mostly an offline single-player game, it will have its own form of grinding, but for the most part it should not be that foreign to you.

"
johnKeys wrote:
but will still play both regardless.

This is how it should be. No point of going the monogamy route, it is about being greedy and going to the polygamy route. ;)

Tomorrow, Zantai is going to post up the latest Grim Misadventure update, and I wonder what topic will be tackled in the update? :D
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 11, 2016, 1:22:14 AM
For the most part, the latest Grim Misadventure update is discussing what Grim Dawn has accomplished in 2015, and what to expect in 2016.

Grim Misadventure update #88

On top of that, looks like official release will not be build 30, but build 31 instead. Build 30 will mostly focus a lot balance changes to the masteries (revamping a good amount skills), elite and ultimate difficulty, the last boss balance on normal/veteran, and other stuffs they are keeping as a surprise.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Grim Dawn has a lot of problems right now that hopefully B30 fixes. If you thought drop-rates in vanilla D3 and POE were bad, you've not met this awful system.

And that final boss is a shining example of awful game design in every single way with how it currently exists. Huge boss, small room, multiple sources of AOE, numerous adds to clog the screen, everything does big damage unless you get resistances up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info