anyone else play grim dawn?

Well you posted a Etch a Sketch pic that you claimed as your own is basically plagiarism. Why should I trust anything else you post that its yours if you don't even have the audacity actually do what you said.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Apr 7, 2016, 10:50:21 PM
"
Well you posted a Etch a Sketch pic which wasn't even your own drawing is basically plagiarism.

Sue me.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
miljan wrote:
At the moment this is the best arpg out there for me. The visuals, monster designer, character customization, itemization, are top notch. They nailed the combat. Hitting monsters feel so impactful, legs and arms flying around, it just feels so good. Best character customization out there, as you can actually customize your skill tree and active skills without the limitation of items, sockets, colors and other crap. And they even have items and craftables that can give new skills. Or use Devotion to add additional effects to your skills.

But it doesnt mean the game is perfect. The biggest two problems I have is lacking end game compared to other arpg games like D3, TL2 and PoE, and also very little randomization of areas.

But what they did for their first release as CREATE is mind blowing. Cant wait to see what all they can do with new content and expansion after they get well earn money from players, as the game is selling very good, and the reception of the critics and players is excellent.

This is the closes game to d2, from gameplay and overall feel (they even have one of original d2 devs working on the game).

Agree.
But I think the Boss Fights could use some extra work.
TL2 and PoE got it right. From the atmosphere and introductions, to fight mechanics and pace.

GD doesn't do it. Most bosses feel like tougher/bigger/more-HP/more-minion-spam versions of normal baddies... I can think of only a couple that gave that "oh shit here it comes" feeling, and an intense unique fight. the Final Boss isn't one.
Warden is, for example. Intro. Division into phases of the fight. Nothing too spammy or minion-clusterfuck. And he still feels like fighting a Rogue Exile in PoE at times...

I especially dislike the Cultist bosses. They look just like normal cultists with only distinction being spam the whole screen with crap and hit like a ton of bricks with the only one/two attacks they ever use.
And no intro or anything...
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 8, 2016, 1:02:42 AM
The GD fanbase on Steam forums makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
Got this yesterday and started playing it today. Absolutely loving it even if I don't know what the hell I'm doing. This will keep me entertained for a short while I think.
Im honestly waitimg for the skill stat respec mod they'll hopefully the other fans to make so we can really min-max our huilds...
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I got a question for you people. I assume that some of you here do not have time for both games. Are any of you intending to quit POE and join grim dawn?
Tried Grim Dawn a few months ago, was super easy, the skill builds looked boringly simple compared to PoE, played a few hours and got too bored.

Am I missing something?
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
Tried Grim Dawn a few months ago, was super easy, the skill builds looked boringly simple compared to PoE, played a few hours and got too bored.

Am I missing something?

Ultimate Difficulty setting.
And if that's somehow easy for you - Steps Of Torment, Bastion Of Chaos... and the GD version of Uber Tristram.
Also there's a certain nature god which only a few people can beat ON NORMAL. No one did on Ultimate, as far as I know.

Plenty of stuff to kick a player's ass, in Grim Dawn.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

Am I missing something?

Ultimate Difficulty setting.
And if that's somehow easy for you - Steps Of Torment, Bastion Of Chaos... and the GD version of Uber Tristram.
Also there's a certain nature god which only a few people can beat ON NORMAL. No one did on Ultimate, as far as I know.

Plenty of stuff to kick a player's ass, in Grim Dawn.

Interesting. Might give it another try when I get bored of PoE.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info