Rebound build

I started Rampage a couple months late, but over the last month I leveled a phys crit tornado/puncture ranger. I've loved every minute of it. I know it's OP considering how little gear it needs to do well (probably still under 20 exalts invested at this point). This was my first character I've leveled to 90, first Atziri kill, and first level 78 maps cleared (quite easily, I'll add).

Anyway, because of how much fun I've had with this build, I can't help but think I'll be disappointed with whatever I play next when the new leagues start. That's where you guys come in! What builds would you recommend that have fast clear speeds and high survivability without needing 30+ exalts worth of gear to be effective? I'd prefer something quite different from the ranger I played this league.

I've been considering a crit arc build, but not sure how it will stand up late game. Also considering a CoC discharge build.

What would you suggest?
I leveled a crit arc build in standard over the last month and a half or so. It's very strong and there's a lot of ways to play it (dual wand/sceptre, implement + shield, staff).

You can do a lot of work with just a Geofri's Crest, a Cloak of Defiance, and an empower gem.

My Crit Arc with is lvl 85 at the moment, with a tooltip arc DPS of about 15.5K.

On the other hand, I'm just trying a CoC build myself today. It's been really fun and surprisingly powerful. I'm at level 55 in A2M with underleveled spells and still crushing things.

And I'm just using 2 x Ungil's Gaunche + Tabula + Maligaros.

(I'm using CoC Fireball + Arctic Breath)
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
I leveled a crit arc build in standard over the last month and a half or so. It's very strong and there's a lot of ways to play it (dual wand/sceptre, implement + shield, staff).

You can do a lot of work with just a Geofri's Crest, a Cloak of Defiance, and an empower gem.

My Crit Arc with is lvl 85 at the moment, with a tooltip arc DPS of about 15.5K.

On the other hand, I'm just trying a CoC build myself today. It's been really fun and surprisingly powerful. I'm at level 55 in A2M with underleveled spells and still crushing things.

And I'm just using 2 x Ungil's Gaunche + Tabula + Maligaros.

(I'm using CoC Fireball + Arctic Breath)

Thanks! That's good to hear about your arc. I saw a build 'round here a while back called Song of Ice and Fire using ST and CoC. It definitely caught my interest and sounds similar to what you're doing. So that's definitely a possibility, as long as my guild mates have decent PCs haha.

The other CoC I was thinking about would be something like Mathil's Fakener.

Speaking of Mathil, are buzzsaw builds still doing ok? Or would that require a larger budget? (Again, I don't mind spending currency on gear to push a build to its limits, but I don't want something that requires lots of expensive items to even work from the get go).

My Shadow build in Rampage would be pushing your budget (although any 6L will) but with Bino's price dropping you could probably get in just under 30ex in a temp league.

Super fun to play and great clear speed, can do Atziri with a little tweaking.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058168

Using a 5L should be fine, albeit you lose a fair chunk of DPS. I never really tested it cuz I got lucky linking the 6L I have in the guide very early in the league.

"
SorakPoE wrote:
My Shadow build in Rampage would be pushing your budget (although any 6L will) but with Bino's price dropping you could probably get in just under 30ex in a temp league.

Super fun to play and great clear speed, can do Atziri with a little tweaking.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058168

Using a 5L should be fine, albeit you lose a fair chunk of DPS. I never really tested it cuz I got lucky linking the 6L I have in the guide very early in the league.

Thanks mate, that looks good as well!

Keep 'em coming. Just saw the ~20ex budget section of the Uber-capable builds list. Some good stuff there as well.
"
Anesthetize34 wrote:

Speaking of Mathil, are buzzsaw builds still doing ok? Or would that require a larger budget? (Again, I don't mind spending currency on gear to push a build to its limits, but I don't want something that requires lots of expensive items to even work from the get go).

Buzzsaw got pretty hammered in 1.2 when they nerfed the living tar out of the aura nodes. The strength of just about every aura node (both reservation and effect) generally got reduced by 25% or so. The auras (we're talking Wrath and Anger here) themselves were also weakened at higher levels.

Basically by making low life ST less powerful by nerfing the things that supported it, GGG also slapped buzzsaw upside the head.

That said, buzzsaw and buzzsaw-ish builds are still OK, especially with the addition of the heralds of ice and thunder (two additional damage sources, buffed by inner force). ST's base damage multiplier is kinda painful, but if you do a bow ele build with Tornado shot and GMP, that can get pretty strong.

Basically pure ele aura builds need ~25-30% better gear to achieve the same DPS as before.

My 2 cents on the whole thing. Basically the auras had to be nerfed in this case because low life just runs all the auras anyways.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info