Why I hate People who hate standard.

"
MildorDArkehn wrote:
Each time that i read someone saying "standard scrubbcore" "Noob" "Scrub" etc... i really read "i'm a poor person, a poor nerd on real life and i have to try to be someone in a game instead of play it for fun"

Agreed. For many this game is a life, and to feel they worth something they try to get some imaginable respect in the game. They try to 1st on races, on ladder, they dont play for fun but to recieve more imaginable respect from people they wont ever meet in real. Most of them kids I guess
Edit: People who play Standart plays for fun, they dont give a shit about anything, they just play and get fun
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Last edited by The_Great_Alex on Nov 18, 2014, 6:17:41 AM
What I don't get is why people don't start off in hardcore see how far you can get I mean you're going to die regardless and end up in softcore, people who roll standard first are retarded.
"
italianmango1 wrote:
What I don't get is why people don't start off in hardcore see how far you can get I mean you're going to die regardless and end up in softcore, people who roll standard first are retarded.

Alternatively, you could say "Well if the character dies, its going to end up in Standard, so whats the point in rolling in Hardcore in the first place?"

It's not retarded to play a game in a manner that creates enjoyment for you, it's retarded to expect others to simply conform to your personal views on the world and it's machinations - that implies a lack of empathy, or at the very least an inability to see the viewpoints of others and their potential validity.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Meh, hardcore is pretty lame in this game due to the desync issue. As for other leagues, I enjoy them because no one has retarded best in slot legacy items, and there are no "this is the best, end of story" items on the market... I like the economy because we all start off with nothing, and as someone who joined much later in the game when everyone else was rich, that means a lot to me. On the other hand, I hate the fact that they will eventually go away and I'll get stuck in standard all over again, and I also hate having to grind all the masters yet again. Just my point of view.
Last edited by Beravin on Nov 18, 2014, 10:34:45 PM
"
Less QQ more pew pew

This includes you, OP! lol

^ This. Get over the League divisions.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
"
MildorDArkehn wrote:
Each time that i read someone saying "standard scrubbcore" "Noob" "Scrub" etc... i really read "i'm a poor person, a poor nerd on real life and i have to try to be someone in a game instead of play it for fun"

Agreed. For many this game is a life, and to feel they worth something they try to get some imaginable respect in the game. They try to 1st on races, on ladder, they dont play for fun but to recieve more imaginable respect from people they wont ever meet in real. Most of them kids I guess
Edit: People who play Standart plays for fun, they dont give a shit about anything, they just play and get fun

So you re telling me hardcore/temp league players don't play for fun? I'm playing 1-2 hours of POE daily. Usually I don't get over lvl 70 in temp leagues, but it's definately fun to play. I couldn't imagine to play softcore.
You say softcore people play for fun? What about those who grind for better/legacy gear all the time?
For many people POE is life, it is not league dependant.

In fact what you are trying to say is none of the better what hardcore players say: HC people have no fun, HC people are kids (lol POE has really mature community, since POE is somehow a Diablo2 descendant), HC people are disrespectful etc.

For me the only reason not to play hc is desync. But since hc chars will be dumped to softcore anyway, it doesn't really matter. When leagues end I can try some builds on softcore and run them on new temp. league.
Last edited by Etlau88 on Nov 19, 2014, 2:55:37 AM
"
Etlau88 wrote:
"
"
MildorDArkehn wrote:

So you re telling me hardcore/temp league players don't play for fun? I'm playing 1-2 hours of POE daily. Usually I don't get over lvl 70 in temp leagues, but it's definately fun to play. I couldn't imagine to play softcore.
You say softcore people play for fun? What about those who grind for better/legacy gear all the time?
For many people POE is life, it is not league dependant.

In fact what you are trying to say is none of the better what hardcore players say: HC people have no fun, HC people are kids (lol POE has really mature community, since POE is somehow a Diablo2 descendant), HC people are disrespectful etc.

For me the only reason not to play hc is desync. But since hc chars will be dumped to softcore anyway, it doesn't really matter. When leagues end I can try some builds on softcore and run them on new temp. league.

Do people who play in Standart say negative about other leagues? I didnt say noone enjoys playing other leagues Im talking about those who says Standart is shit. Get it now?
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Nobody says that hardcore players don't play for fun. I'm talking about "that kind of players"
On standard there are stupid shit-talking players also.
Last edited by MildorDArkehn on Nov 19, 2014, 5:29:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info