Why I hate People who hate standard.

"
Nah, I don't hate offtopic :) I just don't know the offtopic crew here, so I stick to the OT forums I'm used to. Oh, that makes me think of another song! I'm going to have to redo the lyrics for Waterfalls by TLC.

Just post something silly on an active thread (or necro an inactive one), try to define well enough your style with your posts, make a thread or two once a while, cross swords if someone shouts "En Garde!" and that's about it.

You only need spare time, being machiavellic/sadistic/cruel/a dick, a (preferably twisted) sense of humor and being able to fend off some troll posts against you.

PS!
That's how I started, anyways. Not like you automatically become I_NO, Bambi or Charan.
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
Last edited by Voidin_Blitz on Nov 17, 2014, 3:55:57 PM
"
Voidin_Blitz wrote:

PS!
That's how I started, anyways. Not like you automatically become I_NO, Bambi or Charan.

Who could possibly even manage to strive to dream of such lofty aspirations?
Noblesse oblige
OT is a pretty tight community actually. We have a lot of fun and welcome new posters for the most part. I've spent time in other forums of other games and never liked what I found there.

As always the ones wanting to help were outnumbered by the assholes.

The first post I read in D3 after I bought it (pre-PoE) was a new player asking a simple question. The first dozen answers were dicks telling him to learn to play. Which was what he was trying to do.

Once I was introduced to this community, I loved it. After awhile, I left GD (for the most part) and wandered into OT. Been there ever since. Made a lot very good friends.
Heh. I always thought there aren't much members because most of the community thinks that we bite. Well, we don't... much. Anyways, you'll get a nice welcome as long as you keep things Off Topic, can take a joke and make some funny threads. (No one wants a bureaucrat talking about tofu diets and paperwork.)

PS!
Oh, and you may like to have a personal touch. Like Boem's -Peace-, Bambi's/I_NO's purposefully bad grammar or my "PS!". Not like it's mandatory, but it's fun.
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
Last edited by Voidin_Blitz on Nov 17, 2014, 8:53:58 PM
Just want to reclarify i do not hate anyone.. I just grew tired of all the hatred towards people in other leagues and the alienation that went along with it.

it's like some people in each leagues want you to feel bad for playing your league.. thats what really got on my nerves to start this thread... but in the end i really dont like wars over such trivial things
Last edited by ZaruenKosai on Nov 17, 2014, 8:39:17 PM
I hate the temporary leagues, yet I play them, because of extrinsic motivation (which is a bad thing actually).

The only reason why we have temporary leagues is because game designer dont want to bother with creating a consistant economy, because its too hard for them or they are too lazy idk. Actually "economy" doesnt mean much in a game like PoE. What people call economy in this game is an exaggeration of a free player progress boost (free items, ye! gimme!)

Always "having to" start over sucks, but the game encourages you to do so. And in the end temporary leagues are MEANINGLESS anyways, because they are temporary... I wonder how people fail to understand this. There is no "new economy". Everything is bound by the standard league, if you dont like it or not. And standard league is fail, because developer dont care about itemconsistancy (BiS legacy items).
"
ExiledRenor wrote:
The only reason why we have temporary leagues is because game designer dont want to bother with creating a consistant economy, because its too hard for them or they are too lazy idk. Actually "economy" doesnt mean much in a game like PoE. What people call economy in this game is an exaggeration of a free player progress boost (free items, ye! gimme!)

A consistent H'n'S economy can only be achieved in a HC league where all players die sooner or later. Or with bs mechanics like unreparable item durability.
When I finally get around to coming back, I'm not gonna start in a new league, but in Standard. Why? Because I can get better gear for the currency drops I get in standard, and I'd have a way easier time going from nothing to something viable end game. Not only that but the market will be heavily stocked with a ton of stuff, which means I'd never have to sit around too long waiting to overpay for a skill gem I need that either makes or breaks my build.

I hate new leagues, because the market sucks for buyers. I'm a buyer in PoE, not a seller. So I honestly prefer an economy like standard league. I'll rock some 2nd rate end game gear for 10 chaos orbs a piece. I'll just avoid making builds that require any super expensive gear to be viable.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 18, 2014, 5:15:53 AM
Each time that i read someone saying "standard scrubbcore" "Noob" "Scrub" etc... i really read "i'm a poor person, a poor nerd on real life and i have to try to be someone in a game instead of play it for fun"
-
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Last edited by The_Great_Alex on Nov 18, 2014, 8:19:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info