I quit cuz RNG.

Welp, I'm done.

Been playin this game for abut 2 years now and I've had enough bad luck, RNG has completely kicked my ass and I cant take it anymore.

I recently attempted chancing a Headhunter in the Zana map mod - i used about 1350 chance + scours on leather belts and failed horribly. A friend of mine also attempted about 300 and didnt get anything.

I know 1650 is a relatively small sample size for chancing top tier uniques so I'm not complaining that I wasted all the currency but what does bother me though is that in 1650 chances - I got 1 Wurms' Molt which seemed incredibly low when others have reported wurms molt every 100-200 chances while they made similar (but more successful) attempts at chancing head hunters. People suggest that you normaly hit 6-10 wurms before you get your headhunter so at my rate I'd be looking at like 10,000 chance/scour. I know math and probability doesnt work this way, but it highlights the fact that being unlucky in games like this really make it unenjoyable.

I tried this before using like 1500 chances/scour for a kaoms and never hit that either so luck just isnt with me.

Played 2 years, about 8,000 hours logged - mainly played with fast clear speed and high MF chars (solo) and the best thing i ever got was a kaoms in rampage when they were worth 7ex.

I have no fucking clue how I never once came across anything that dropped worth more than 20ex (best was a rare caster scepter with mostly T1 mods) but I can only assume its just a life long horrible streak of RNG and I'm finally over it.

Thanks for the game GGG. Ill check back when the new leagues come but I think luck has ruined this game for me.
Last edited by bobby3127 on Nov 15, 2014, 10:23:25 AM
*shrugs*
Don't gamble if you can't take the loss.

Spoiler
I thought I was pretty clear that I wasnt upset about the gambling part. Its the back to back bad luck that I cant handle. I guess for the few people that have found like 6 shavs, 8 mjolnirs and 3 mirrors there has to be someone on the other end of the RNG spectrum. Its not fun being that guy so I'm walking away.
"
bobby3127 wrote:
Welp, I'm done.

Been playin this game for abut 2 years now and I've had enough bad luck, RNG has completely kicked my ass and I cant take it anymore.

I recently attempted chancing a Headhunter in the Zana map mod - i used about 1350 chance + scours on leather belts and failed horribly. A friend of mine also attempted about 300 and didnt get anything.

I know 1650 is a relatively small sample size for chancing top tier uniques so I'm not complaining that I wasted all the currency but what does bother me though is that in 1650 chances - I got 1 Wurms' Molt which seemed incredibly low when others have reported wurms molt every 100-200 chances while they made similar (but more successful) attempts at chancing head hunters. People suggest that you normaly hit 6-10 wurms before you get your headhunter so at my rate I'd be looking at like 10,000 chance/scour. I know math and probability doesnt work this way, but it highlights the fact that being unlucky in games like this really make it unenjoyable.

I tried this before using like 1500 chances/scour for a kaoms and never hit that either so luck just isnt with me.

Played 2 years, about 8,000 hours logged - mainly played with fast clear speed and high MF chars (solo) and the best thing i ever got was a kaoms in rampage when they were worth 7ex.

I have no fucking clue how I never once came across anything that dropped worth more than 20ex (best was a rare caster scepter with mostly T1 mods) but I can only assume its just a life long horrible streak of RNG and I'm finally over it.

Thanks for the game GGG. Ill check back when the new leagues come but I think luck has ruined this game for me.

#lata
R.I.P 4.B.
Bobby, you played on average 10.9 hours, EVERY SINGLE DAY, for 2 years? Yeah, no.
Quit cuz RNG like a real man, throw a dice.
and i quit coz too many colors
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
I don't expose myself to RNG saves lots of frustration. Granted I don't have highs either but I'm not one for roller coasters either.

I even pay Vorici to 4S and 4L things. Buy maps. Buy sac sets. etc.

I was saving 1500 fuse to do the 6L thing sold 1200 and just bought the 6L outright and had 400 left over.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 16, 2014, 1:13:26 AM
quitting a game because you didnt hit the i win button is kinda sad, you play powerball? ive played for years and im still no millionaire hmmm imagine that...

although i know it sucks it is possible, i have chanced a koams heart, and have 6 linked 2 items with less than 50 fusings in my poe career, so its not impossible. although when you hit a dry spell it does suck, hell sometimes i waste a ton just tring to roll colors and links on a 4 link item :/ thats RNGesus for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info