PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Stuck in Load Loop

For whatever reason I can't seem to get past the character selection screen. I select a character and then get the load screen. Soon after it goes back to the character screen and gives me the spinning cycle of death instead of any of my characters. I have restarted several times and get the same issue. Is this on my end or the server?
It's almost certainly on your end... but is likely firewall/antivirus/security software/hardware.

Make sure you've tried disabling that stuff and that you're launching poe by right-clicking and selecting "run as administrator".
I checked and both my anti-virus software and firewall both have exceptions for PoE. I have been playing this game for almost a year now and haven't had any trouble until now. I can get to the character selection screen. I select a character and I get the next load screen. Then randomly it goes back to the character selection screen but with no characters. Instead I get a message saying "loading characters" and then nothing, it just sits there.
Hi Bearded_One,

I suggest also trying to temporarily disable your router's firewall in case that might be interfering, as well as making sure you don't have any other programs open that are using port 6112. If still no luck, then please try using a VPN to see if that works, as it helps narrow down where the problem is. Thanks.

Has any exile really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
I am having this same problem and am unable to play. This only seem to have come up with the latest patch I downloaded.
"
Drgnchad wrote:
I am having this same problem and am unable to play. This only seem to have come up with the latest patch I downloaded.

Please create your own thread and try the suggestions we already offered. Let us know what the results of those were in your new thread. Please be descriptive about the problem, what you've attempted to fix it, and what the results of each were. Also please read the "Rules" sticky post in a forum before posting if one exists. It lets you know what the expectations for that forum are.
I have checked all of the suggestions and none of them seem to work. I uninstalled and restarted my computer and then reinstalled to see if that worked. It did not. Router firewall exception is setup, windows firewall exception is setup, and anti-virus exception is setup. I can't seem to figure out why I can't play this game all of a sudden. I have 6 characters most of which are all in Cruel levels with one character in Merciless.
"
Bearded_One wrote:
It gives me the spinning cycle of death instead of any of my characters.

Can you specify this further? Is this some sort of mouse loading icon or is this where you keep trying to load your character then it boots you back to character selection? Additionally, can you confirm if you get booted to character select or to the log-in screen?

Do you receive any error messages when this occurs? Have you tried connecting to a different gateway? You are welcome to specify your connection details further (if you share a connection with any other users and if you use a wired connection) and Verifying your Game Files. If you run the Standalone Client, feel free to try using Drakier's GGPK Defragmenter tool aswell.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
I load the game as a stand alone. I get through the login screen with no troubles. Once I get to the character selection screen I choose any of my characters. I have tried all three Gateways (America, Europe, and Australia) and I get the same issue. The mouse cursor is still available when I get returned to the character selection screen. The window that contains the characters is empty and has a spinning wheel and says "loading characters". The characters never reload. I have even tried creating a new character and it does the same thing, but it does create a new character, I just can't play the game.
Here are two photos of my issue. The first is my character screen (with characters). The second is my return screen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info