Why I Hate Standard

"
Xalmaren wrote:
it's the price you pay for eternal life.

^^
This sums it up perfectly.

Those of us who play standard are people who don't like the risk of losing everything in HC. Frankly with the desync I get sometimes, i don't understand why anyone would play HC, but that is your choice. Yes the economy is wack, but there are plenty of people who are not super rich to trade with too, they just aren't in trade chat all the time.
IGN: FemmeFatality
you can find similar currency rates in all other leagues, it just takes longer bcs trade is flodded by flippers, scammers and the rich.
Some times a decent person pops up, THEN you trade.

or you find a guild where helping is a way of life ...
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
Hardcore is superior
i hate standard too, is so fucking boring and pointless game without any risk, i do the same i just play standard only to test some new build, but dont be mad, new leagues are coming soon :P
also im selling all cheap in std this is my thread : view-thread/1105104.
"
Alea wrote:
Do not play standard if you are a new player, btw even old players arent playing it...
It's just a graveyard/testing area ^__^

I think 90-95% of players are doing new leagues. Whatever is the preference hightly populated core is the way to go.

Pulled numbers out of the ass. OK, I can pull it too, MORE realistic numbers is like 60%. Also, unlike temp leagues, which active 1-2 months, STD active 24/7/365.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
The orb trading in standard is actually really active. If I need alts or chroms I type WTB x alts/chroms for x chaos, usually use a number on or just slightly better than the orb bots that list bulk buys for chaos on a3m party board all day. Doesn't even take 30 seconds to get a bite most days.

Also you could just farm the stuff powerhousing a3m zones and picking up rares for alt/alch frag vendor and RGB links for chrom vendor. You can get like 100 of each in an hour with no overhead. You don't have to deal with the scrubcore shitters (like me) in trade if you don't want :P
Last edited by Astealoth on Nov 14, 2014, 12:43:55 PM
"
qquno wrote:
"
Alea wrote:
Do not play standard if you are a new player, btw even old players arent playing it...
It's just a graveyard/testing area ^__^

I think 90-95% of players are doing new leagues. Whatever is the preference hightly populated core is the way to go.

Pulled numbers out of the ass. OK, I can pull it too, MORE realistic numbers is like 60%. Also, unlike temp leagues, which active 1-2 months, STD active 24/7/365.

Actually, the last time GGG published numbers, standard and the softcore temp league were about the same, followed by temp hc, before hc.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Dont break their hearts, they need something to feel special about. The temp leagues have always been a bastion for "special" people.

Also, poor hardcore, they got the short end of the stick.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Nov 14, 2014, 12:53:16 PM
What prevented you from trading what you do have for exalts so you could buy chromes with them?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
op forgot that in temp league 1ex was about 40-45 chaos at it s peak lololol.
With the amount of chaos u need for 2 ex in temp you would have bought 3 in std.

Imo standard prices>temp prices
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Nov 14, 2014, 1:02:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info