Why I Hate Standard

So after playing path of exile on and off between leagues from nemesis to invasion to beyond aka hardcore leagues i recently "ripped" and after 2-3 weeks of not playing me and a buddy decided instead of starting over we would just play standard for a while test out builds etc.

Now, the reason i hate standard. FYI for all of the people who have been playing standard league since day one NOT EVERYONE IS FUCKING RICH AS HELL. so when i wanna buy chromes or alterations and you whisper me an exalted ratio and when i ask how much in chaos you laugh and say fuck off or just lol and ignore me. how the hell am i suppose to get chromes or fusings to change sockets around on gear if i cant trade without exalts -.- yes i understand i can use what i have but when u burn over 100 chromes and fusings just to get trolled and then u want to buy some but you can't because everyone is a dick. well FML
lol, all I can say is: The reason I DON'T hate standard is because I don't play there at all. Still, you gotta understand the other player: To HIM you're the scammer because you ask for prices only existing in 4m leagues.
"
zippo1235 wrote:
So after playing path of exile on and off between leagues from nemesis to invasion to beyond aka hardcore leagues i recently "ripped" and after 2-3 weeks of not playing me and a buddy decided instead of starting over we would just play standard for a while test out builds etc.

Now, the reason i hate standard. FYI for all of the people who have been playing standard league since day one NOT EVERYONE IS FUCKING RICH AS HELL. so when i wanna buy chromes or alterations and you whisper me an exalted ratio and when i ask how much in chaos you laugh and say fuck off or just lol and ignore me. how the hell am i suppose to get chromes or fusings to change sockets around on gear if i cant trade without exalts -.- yes i understand i can use what i have but when u burn over 100 chromes and fusings just to get trolled and then u want to buy some but you can't because everyone is a dick. well FML

Standard is an epeen graveyard, avoid at all cost.

edit: Ratios for chrom to chaos; alt to chaos or fuse to chaos should be quite similar though.
Last edited by thevdende on Nov 14, 2014, 9:40:29 AM
Just calm down and hang out in /trade for a while, OP. Plenty of people are trading currency and it's not limited to exalts only. Learn the rates and adapt. Many people aren't rich at all in Standard, myself included. We play and trade just fine.
Well i understand where they come from but when you straight up tell them hey im new to standard can you sell me just like 20 chromes or w/e and they just laugh and ignore you its like a big fuck you to the face. = /
Last edited by zippo1235 on Nov 14, 2014, 9:47:36 AM
I don't play standard, but pretty sure if you write "wtb chroms 10:1 chaos, need 100" (numbers are random example), you'll get your chromes easily if the rate is good. Don't write "wtb chroms". Also, /trade 800 and exilebro.com.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Nov 14, 2014, 9:50:47 AM
I don't understand. If you wanted chromes, you could've bought them on the cheapest price of all leagues. It's relevant to most of the other currencies.
If you needed items, you could've bought then on the cheapest price of all leagues as well. This league is flooded with items to a point only imba rolls count, the rest are considered junk and are dirt cheap, even good ones.

Standard got problems with legacies, OP items that count only, and uniques with no value, unless top tier good rolls.

What was so wrong with the cheap std prices?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 14, 2014, 10:02:03 AM
"
zippo1235 wrote:
Well i understand where they come from but when you straight up tell them hey im new to standard can you sell me just like 20 chromes or w/e and they just laugh and ignore you its like a big fuck you to the face. = /

Ignore the pricks and move on to the good traders.))
A good chunk of standard doesnt trade at all. Chromes are easy as shit to get, you can get a hundred of them in a coupla hours of farming.

You hate standard because it makes you feel special, not because of any actual underlying problem.

Lots of standard players will give you tons of shit for free and help you get on your feet, but not if you act that way.

Thats just stupidity man, why act like that? What do you hope to accomplish by being an antagonizing asshole?
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Nov 14, 2014, 10:45:07 AM
I find it funny that you come into standard and expect people to adjust for you, rather than the other way around.

Take a few days to watch the economy, you also need to understand that in standard many of us have our own stockpiles of currency, we don't NEED to trade anymore, so you may have to wait for someone who is selling what you need, but eventually you can find them.

Standard is a league of extremes, flooded with dirt cheep rares and low tier uniques, spammed by the sales of 6 linked, 235 exalted, shavs. You get used to it, it's the price you pay for eternal life.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info