Need some advice / suggestion / feedback!

I have a 6l WoT, and want to stick with my max block spec i have going. But not sure which skill to use. Here's my current spec (up for change) and my current gear
Spoiler
I can drop some of my int gear for more health/dps, but Hc economy atm is sluggish.

My choices are WW, DS, or Cleave. I've tried all three, not sure which is safest with fastest clear speed. Cleave seems a bit slow. WW seems eratic for damage, and DS seems useless in groups.

Any suggestions / input would be appreciated!
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:

My choices are WW, DS, or Cleave. I've tried all three, not sure which is safest with fastest clear speed. Cleave seems a bit slow. WW seems eratic for damage, and DS seems useless in groups.

WW = Whirlwind = Cyclone?

And what do you mean by "eratic for damage"?

They are all equal.

Cleave = highest tooltip DpS, easy to use (don't have to click monsters)
Dual Strike/Splash = comparable to Cleave, imho a tiny bit less clearspeed
Cyclone = imho the best melee attack in the game if used correctly, and the tooltip DpS number doesn't matter at all here.

I'd probably just drop WoE for a serious DpS weapon.
And seeing how your tree is layout, I'd probably also drop RT for some crit nodes.

Even two cheap swords like these...

... and the crit nodes along the path (Twin Terrors, Disemboweling, Fatal Blade) will most likely double your DpS, at the cost of just a little bit of block/spellblock.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Oh yea, cyclone :P

I want to keep my max block, it is kind of the whole reason for staying melee - otherwise I would just go 2h groundslam.

My cyclone damage seems a little "erratic" as in, sometimes i have to go over waves of monsters more than once with my attack - when compared to DS/cleave everything dies in one volley of multistrike.

Last edited by Edzilla on Nov 14, 2014, 12:50:27 PM
"
Edzilla wrote:

I want to keep my max block, it is kind of the whole reason for staying melee - otherwise I would just go 2h groundslam.

Imho, the actual difference between 75% block and 50-65% block is minimal.

You can tank the same monsters, and as you still have a big-ass life pool and life leech, it doesn't matter whatsoever if you get hit a bit more often.

So I sacrifice a bit of tank for a good chunk of DpS any day.

Here's my dual crit sword marauder guide. Just to give you an idea.
Was about 40k Cleave DpS in a 5L without Hatred.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

Imho, the actual difference between 75% block and 50-65% block is minimal.

You can tank the same monsters, and as you still have a big-ass life pool and life leech, it doesn't matter whatsoever if you get hit a bit more often.

So I sacrifice a bit of tank for a good chunk of DpS any day.

Here's my dual crit sword marauder guide. Just to give you an idea.
Was about 40k Cleave DpS in a 5L without Hatred.

Really not interested in going crit, since this is a character i want to do pretty much any map with, and reflect will be an issue. I am at 7k armor, 6k hp, and almost max block and I still have got close to near death, so yea.. I dont think dropping defensive stats for offensive stats is what im looking for. I am playing hardcore, fyi.
Then I'd stick to Cleave.
Should I use iAoE, added fire damage, or melee dmg on full life?

Cleave + Melee Phys + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Conc Effect + ???
Last edited by Edzilla on Nov 15, 2014, 3:39:39 AM
Damage high enough -> AoE
Damage not high enough -> Fire
Damage not high enough and never get hit -> Melee Full

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info