Theorycrafting challenge: Resolute Technique

why?

dps - means nothing
IIR/IIQ potential - means nothing

'creativity'.. well, most stuff has been already done 100s of times so no reason to pretend it is otherwise

clear speed is a nice way of showing just how bad melee/RT is atm

except for that Infernal Blow stuff, that im so planning to run myself soon, most builds with RT or most melee builds are a) pathetic b) require INSANE gear to compete c) are cyclone
Good to see it's melee only.

My money is on 2h Cyclone or Flicker for fastest clear. However, it's not really an inspiring build and as sidtherat says, clear speed is hardly the point of RT builds these days. Mostly, people do full block Aegis with Soul Taker in HC not to clear remotely fast but to be safe as fuck.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Nov 15, 2014, 5:42:12 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
RogueMage wrote:

Clear speed is literally the last thing I would consider or use to rank a build like this.

why?

dps - means nothing

Things more important to a solo melee player than clear speed:

1. Long term survivability
2. Spike damage handling
3. Damage consistency
4. Crowd control
5. Boss killing
6. Resource management
7. Mobility
8. Clear speed
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
RogueMage wrote:

Clear speed is literally the last thing I would consider or use to rank a build like this.

why?

dps - means nothing

1. Long term survivability - dps does that nowadays
2. Spike damage handling - CWDT+EC+IC
3. Damage consistency - RT is a byword of 'consistently (poor)'
4. Crowd control - pretty much any AOE does that, mobs flock to melee anyway so no need for that
5. Boss killing - judge a build by activity done once a map?.. killing a map boss in 2 seconds instead of 10 makes little difference if the map is being done 2 times as slow
6. Resource management - leech
7. Mobility - this.. is a linear component of the:
8. Clear speed
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
RogueMage wrote:

1. Long term survivability - dps does that nowadays
2. Spike damage handling - CWDT+EC+IC
3. Damage consistency - RT is a byword of 'consistently (poor)'
4. Crowd control - pretty much any AOE does that, mobs flock to melee anyway so no need for that
5. Boss killing - judge a build by activity done once a map?.. killing a map boss in 2 seconds instead of 10 makes little difference if the map is being done 2 times as slow
6. Resource management - leech
7. Mobility - this.. is a linear component of the:
8. Clear speed

1. If it's mega-DPS uber alles then RT is not for you.
2. CwDT won't help after you're spiked to death.
3. If it's mega-DPS uber alles then RT is not for you.
4. Crowd control, not just AoE uber alles.
5. Not just map bosses, but Rares and Rogue Exiles as well.
6. If it's mega-DPS uber alles then RT is not for you.
7. Mobility is for kiting and closing the melee gap, not just...
8. Clear speed.
Reply to no.7:
The best melee builds share a very important tactic for mobility and gap closing:
Spoiler
hint
Spoiler
it's called
Spoiler
whirling blades/leap slam
Spoiler
and
Spoiler
flicker strike

I don't really get why you are so negative about RT. In a solo setting, stuff gets killed just as fast as crit builds(melee to melee comparison). Sure it's not as strong, but you guys make it sound like it's some sort of anti fun if you don't oneshot stuff in 6 man parties.

If you die a lot as melee to spike damage/inability to kite then you simply aren't building tanky enough. Melee RT builds usually get way over 5k and even 6-7k life without kaoms. Unless you stand in touch of God (stupid) very few things will kill you.

Next, I seriously don't get what you mean by crowd control. As melee stuff comes running to you and you also have low level cwdt enduring cry.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
shield charge
is CI allowed?
Im thinking about a 2h Flickerbuild

Disfavour 5L with Flicker - Melee Phys - Multi - Splash - MofL
Blood Rage + VP for defense

Example for Gear
Spoiler

Skill-Tree

208% inc ES (with int)
Unwavering / RT / VP
~400% inc Phys
One-Hit Dmg is rougly 450pDPS with a good rolled Disfavour

DMG-Calc: 450 * (1+5,6 [inc DMG]) * 1.49 (Melee Phys) * 1,49 (MofL) * 0,84 (Splash) * 0,64 (Multi) * 1,25 (Flicker)
= 4,5k Phys
+ 3k*0,36 (Hatred) + 3k*0,15 (Ash)=6,25k

With a 6l and Added Fire we could reach ~8k one hit dmg... and I guess 6 aps... the only problem would be Dexteriy, but Ive some spare points on the tree

Last edited by Ceratoidei on Nov 16, 2014, 10:17:04 AM
"
Etherfire wrote:

I don't really get why you are so negative about RT.

I'm not, I use RT on my sword & board Marauder. Maybe you're replying to one of sidtherat's posts?

"
Etherfire wrote:
Next, I seriously don't get what you mean by crowd control. As melee stuff comes running to you and you also have low level cwdt enduring cry.

Crowd control is what you use to restrict your foes' mobility or potency, making them easier to target or less able to hurt you. This may include skills like Bear Trap, Cold Snap, and Frost Wall or curses like Temp Chains or Enfeeble.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info