We need an Auction House!

To be honest, the trade channel sux. Having to wait in town for hours to try to sell or find items that you're looking for is horrible. The forums are just as bad, you post items up and the forum is flooded with so many other posts that it's buried in about 2 minutes. Any type of trade or selling system is needed here. Heck, I've trashed many good items that were worth chaos and ex in the trade channel just because I hate sitting in trade for an hour waiting. I have a full time job so I don't have that much time to spare wasted in trade. Thoughts?
Last edited by PokeUrEye on Nov 15, 2014, 1:00:30 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I like the "Grand Exchange" mechanism in Runescape. You submit buy and sell requests (that are fulfilled via other player's sell and buy requests), and the value of items fluctuates on demand, just as with real world stock markets. It's all "offline", with no need for some of the hassles of player interaction.
"
Sa_Re wrote:

That is the same as sitting in trade for 12 hours just to try to find what you need or to sell what you have. It doesn't work well for people with jobs or play casually. It's also an offline site that is not in-game, players are rarely online when you want to purchase anything listed, prices are all over the place, et cetera, et cetera..

An offline trading system, auction house of some sorts would make this game much better. There are a bunch of us players who play solo and are not socialites or big into grouping up with other people and especially "dealing" with other players to trade. To me, this is the biggest issue of the game as I have been playing less and less.

Sintactical, that sounds like a good idea. Anything would be better than what we have (or don't have for that matter) now.

I read a bunch of complaints from players thinking that a market wouldn't work or that an offline trade system would make items worthless. That's absolute non-sense based on zero facts. A bunch of players quit the game because of the lack of an offline exchange system in-game.

ALL MMOs have a trade system and an economy. Even this one. The only difference and FACT here is, the trade system here flat out sucks ass.
Last edited by PokeUrEye on Nov 15, 2014, 1:04:03 AM
I am also hoping for an auction house of some sort, trading in this game is horrible. Trade chat does not work and manually posting each item on poe.trades takes too long for an average player
"
Toddavid wrote:
......manually posting each item on poe.trades takes too long for an average player

Even if you do waste all that time posting it never sells or you never get contacted unless you play the game 24/7.
Last edited by PokeUrEye on Nov 15, 2014, 1:05:07 AM
I'd appreciate a reply from GGG if possible. I thought we were supposed to have some sort of system like this implemented back in March of this year. Has this been scrapped or are you guys still in the process of implementing this down the line? As it stands, I'm pretty much bored. I try new specs, level, do maps, and so on.. but if there was a trade option that would just take it to the next level. Right now, I'm hitting my peak... There's really no reason for me to level new alts anymore. I have enough gear to start new low level alts and try new specs but it's getting rather boring without being able to trade for different gear. I've contributed a bit of money to this game to support it because I thought it was great plus I might as well give some money back for the work put into it. But now I'm at the stage of, do I still support the game and purchase in game items to help GGG or do I just step away and move on as all of my friends already have due to not being able to do a simple trade easily since we all have lives, families, jobs, and can't play 24/7 and stalk the trade chan...

I will happily continue to contribute my $20 or $40 or $50 every month or every other month as I have been.. but at this rate I'm done contributing anything until a valid in-game offline trade system is implemented.
Last edited by PokeUrEye on Nov 15, 2014, 1:08:16 AM
Agree with Poke on this one.
We def need an auction house or something like it.
Then we can actualy play the game instead of waste alot of time trading.

I Agree.
in my opinion the lack of an offline trading possibility is the biggest flaw of the game.
Is there any statement from GGG if they consider the possibility for the future?
Bringing back to the top in hopes of a GGG reply in regards to this. A simple not going to happen will suffice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info