Will you cry when crit gets nerfed?

dear mr Crit is Very Difficult to Pull of..

you do not need more than 400 accuracy from gear to get to 91% chance to hit (paper one). and that - as ive learned the hard way is actually BAD for you (higher accuracy -> less effective Ondars -> reflect is dangerous again)

also you do not need 90% effective crit chance. 50% is perfectly enough, crit multi makes it so that even 50% makes everything else a joke

what 1.2 did was restructured passives such that crit passives (Esp bow ones) are simply impossible to miss. there is little to no extra cost getting these. same applies to dagger crit nodes.

and gear? thanks to the same 1.2 changes it is much easier to fill in the resists from the tree if one really needs it. so this is also moot

btw - multistrike and echo both have drawbacks. what is the drawback of crit multi gem?
"
sidtherat wrote:

you do not need more than 400 accuracy from gear to get to 91% chance to hit (paper one). and that - as ive learned the hard way is actually BAD for you (higher accuracy -> less effective Ondars -> reflect is dangerous again)

Wearing

~700 (>400) flat accuracy bonus.
Have 85% chance to hit with +40% acc in the tree (total 1645).

"

btw - multistrike and echo both have drawbacks. what is the drawback of crit multi gem?

Where is drawback of melee physical damage, increased burning damage, weapon elemental damage, faster attacks... where is the drawback on like 90% of support gems?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 14, 2014, 3:46:05 PM
how much DEX youve got? i have 91% paper accuracy (~2900 rating from the sheet) with like 6 nodes (took these to maximize ACC*CC equation as CC alone means little). ranger/shadow area has excellent acc and acc/cc nodes that cost exactly ZERO extra points to get

and as ive told above - too much acc is dangerous for bow/ranged users as Ondars get less efficient even with 18000 (flask) EV rating.
"
sidtherat wrote:
how much DEX youve got? i have 91% paper accuracy (~2900 rating from the sheet) with like 6 nodes (took these to maximize ACC*CC equation as CC alone means little). ranger/shadow area has excellent acc and acc/cc nodes that cost exactly ZERO extra points to get

Obviously I'm not swimming in Dex.
And no need to further discuss it, I'm fine with my Acc and i actually took exactly these CC/Acc nodes at Shadow.

For some builds, a single Accuracy roll will do the trick.
For others, not so much.

A statement like "you only need 400 flat accuracy to get 91% CtH" is more likely false than true.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Well i think that it would be the best that they buff non critical builds, instead of nerfing criticals. That way everyone would be happy and no tears would fall :p
"
Axarion wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

to tackle this easy to pick apart one.

who said anything about taking more nodes, you arent picking more nodes. you are just replacing one damage node type with another.

so instead of taking 40 + physical nodes you take 15 crit centric nodes and 25 physical nodes.

you aren't spending more or less. and that trade off would probably be about 200% increased physical worth

where as the remaining 25 would be about 350% increased physical.

but you now get access to crit and crit multi.

just on the tree you can get an easy 600% crit chance and an easy 100 crit multi% between the power charges and the dedicated crit weapon nodes etc

you can get another easy 200% crit chance from gear and another easy 100 crit multi on gear%

then there is the fact that you get to use the crit multi gem. the crit multi gem scales everything. no dicking around with partial scaling of just elemental damage or just physical. its another more everything multi.

now lets say we get a base crit weapon of 10, with 800% crit chance that is 90% chance to crit and with the easy multis (lets use a low estimation of 150 + 100 (gem) 100 (passive) 100 gear) for a 450% multi with 90% chance to crit

that 350% physical mod now is easily in the 1000%s of more physical vs that 550% you had with no crit investment.

This isnt even counting the 50% bonus from shocks or the amazing defense you get by turning everything into a block of ice.

If we take your example attack/cast speed is broken too since it scales all damage types, is multiplicative with base damage and has gems like multistrike/spell echo.

Only taking one way to boost your DPS certainly shouldn't be the way the game works.

Also "easy" 200% critchance on gear would require 2 Rings 60% (+ 30% crafted suffix, gl with resists), Amulet ~30%, Maligaro's Virtuosity 50% (no life/resists) = 150-180%, daggers add 40%, quivers can add over 60%.

Not to mention that you'll need like 700-1000 accuracy on gear (which you completely ignored in your calculations, at 75% chance to hit you won't crit much) depending on how many dex nodes you take. Which always costs you a potential resist slot.

That's going to screw your resists and life so hard, gl running that without purities/bis gear.
I have 90 hit rate with 400 accuracy on gear at 88 oh lord so hard to stack. This is just silly and about you point on attack speed you are correct thank god those nodes are rare . and they are rare on gear . put another way crit is an issue specifically because its like attack speed but 2 times easier to get.

Also rats nest 60. To 75 crit and 50 quiver 50 Mali and 25 on ring much easier to get 200 that way
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Nov 15, 2014, 4:51:44 PM
"
Axarion wrote:

So a build that invests more nodes + gear into offense shouldn't do more damage than one that has more points available for defense according to you?

This. I feel like i'm taking crazy pills reading some of these posts.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
I'll be a little sad.

However 25% of the time my sadness will be increased by 400-600%

It will result in me performing random linked actions, and otherwise freaking out the pets/kids/wife.

I wonder if a crit based character with the name of: Bipolar_Coaster has been taken...
I'll be fine, because it won't happen.
just because a few streamers are playing the current "OP" FOTM build dont always mean its actually "that" OP, there is way more OP builds than crit, and if you havent played any then you will really be crying...

first off crit does have drawbacks its called reflect, and personally i wish they wouldnt have copied some of the BS i really hated from old school d2, i dont know if any of you young'ins played d2 but before the horrible LoD expansion it was one of, if not the best game i have ever played. reason im bringing this up is d2 had the same issue in d2 pre LoD polearm whirlwind (cyclone without the desync... hint hint GGG) barbs were all the rage, everyone was rolling one, high phys damage with a tad bit of cold damage to permafreeze everything so basically you were godmode as long as you were in WW. so long story short everyone was crying because getting a belt or gloves or anything with cold damage was really expensive, and we are talking RARES here not UNIQUES in d2 RARES were king, but thats another story... back to topic.

so to counter this blizz had the bright idea to make immune mobs... ohh this mob isnt taking damage from 5000 smacks with my spear... thats a great concept. phys immune, cold immune, fire immune etc.. im kinda getting off point, what im tring to get across is be carefull what you complain about a few nerfs the wrong way and PoE could go the same route, i personally hate alot of the crap in PoE already...

insta rip burst from offscreen... with 6k life... stupid shit like that shouldnt happen IMHO in the end this is a GAME and its meant to be played and have fun not be a DPS race, mob wise or player wise. i personally think mob damage and players damage across the board should be toned way down, players and/or mobs shouldnt be a face roll either way and you shouldnt be forced to copy everyone elses build because mob damage vs players life is still terribly unbalaced because of the fear of people crying IM GODLY!!

personally when im watching a stream and see a level 90+ die to a mob 15 levels lower than him its just totally stupid IMO, at that level the player has invested at least 40 hours, more often than that way more, im usually only around lvl 70ish in that time frame, you should be somewhat "godly" when you hit endgame. something about playing online with other people makes people who really suck just cry nonstop.

to finish up my horrible off topicness rant lol, there is and always will be things that are "off balance" but to just up and say THIS IS BROKEN!!! OMFG NERFS NEOW PLZZZZ is not the answer, maybe the rest of the game needs a buff? then maybe everyone wouldnt want/have to play the flavor of the month build... yes?

nerf crit? NO...

nerf mob damage? YES...

buff life again??? YES...

FFS GIVE MELEE SOME DPS??? YES...

"OMG ele cleave is OP OP OP OP nerf nerf nerf" <- the end of PoE melee builds....

EDIT - forgot the whole point lol, the reason everyone is playing TS rangers is basically every other "good" build uses shavs so its 140 exalts for a low life GG build, or cheap Evasion TS ranger, or.... the big one... A MELEE SUICIDE ONE SHOT RIP!!!... easy choice isnt it?
Last edited by DigitalLunacy on Nov 16, 2014, 2:22:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info