Bestiary/Kill Count

"
Thearan wrote:
+1 Good Idea. It could also give a new opportunity for events and races :D

This is an interesting thought! Fixed-seed races where you can't refresh instances, perhaps, racing to kill X number of monster Y, or 100 uniques, or whatever.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Nice, I like the idea as long as there will be achievements with it (in-gama and on Steam).
"
Samkiud wrote:
Nice, I like the idea as long as there will be achievements with it (in-gama and on Steam).

Hadn't even thought of that. Extra achievements would be cool, too.
This was one of my favourite features in Diablo 1.

Along the way you would meet a new enemy type and not know anything about it. As you killed more of them, your character learned that they had a certain type of resistance and any other special mods like acid blood. Then when you had killed EVEN more of them, how much resistance, how much life (how much mana?).
It gave a sense of progression to the character that they were learning about the new environment they had been plunged into.
It makes logical sense for the first encounter an exile has with an undead rhoa, for them not to know its exact statistics.

OFF TOPIC

Talking of Diablo, there were a couple of other features which were in that game and would fit very well in this.
Different weapon types affecting enemy base types in different ways. For instance blunt weapons had bonus against undead.
Enemies that logically don't have blood cannot be life-leeched from. For instance statues or skellies.

I would extend the second feature such that leeching is only possible if the target has that resource. So energy shield leech could be introduced but would only work if the target had any. Mana and life leach would only work up until the target ran out of it.
Last edited by magpye on Nov 19, 2014, 6:41:58 AM
"
magpye wrote:
This was one of my favourite features in Diablo 1.

Along the way you would meet a new enemy type and not know anything about it. As you killed more of them, your character learned that they had a certain type of resistance and any other special mods like acid blood. Then when you had killed EVEN more of them, how much resistance, how much life (how much mana?).
It gave a sense of progression to the character that they were learning about the new environment they had been plunged into.
It makes logical sense for the first encounter an exile has with an undead rhoa, for them not to know its exact statistics.

I had totally forgotten about this, but I got to agree with you on this one:) A feature like this would be most welcome. I just love to go for "100% completion" on things like that!

Imagine having to kill a certain map boss e.g. 100 times to fully complete the boss's bestiary; would love this and would give me an incentive to kill some of those I usually skip:)
If my post contains typos, blame my phone and my fat fingers.
It WOULD be interesting to unlock certain bits of data via multiple kills. Honestly, though, my favorite brand of that is Persona 4, where you get info in the Analysis window by actually using those elements--you get to see how an enemy reacts to fire damage by using a fire spell on it, and then that info is in the analysis window forever, for example. Hence my "track mods as you kill them" tidbit.
+1 on this :)
A build that only has might is not mighty.
ADAPT OR RIP!
+1 for kill count
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
Man, it's nice to see so many +1s on this idea!
Pushing this back up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info