Ahhh yeah LoV announced

"
"
Sa_Re wrote:
I liked the dark fantasy from SC1. SC2's story is the same as every other story from Metzen and seems to cater to teenagers. Unbelievable characters, breaks with SC1's story etc. Not to mention the cuddly zerg from HoTS.

Yep. The stupid ending of WoL was enough to remind me that this is a Post-WoW Blizzard, one that hasn't penned a decent story since D2/SC1. Oh fuck yeah, I said it. They don't have to do decent stories for their cash cow MMO, they're sure as fuck not going to bother with their cash cow ARPGs and RTSes either.

People will still buy and play, as this thread makes clear.

Sayyyy whhhaaaaaatt? The story in SC2 is awesome. Well, it's a continuation of the SC1 story.

The gameplay, graphics, etc...c'mon now..
"
Warmey wrote:
The story in SC2 is awesome. Well, it's a continuation of the SC1 story.

No it's not. They changed a few key points without explaining anything.
So... For us people who never played SC, could you give use a quick rundown of the main story mistakes, pretty please?

PS!

First reason: funzies.
Second reason: Only active thread for a good chunk of time.
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
Last edited by Voidin_Blitz on Nov 10, 2014, 5:44:39 PM
"
VoidKrieg wrote:
So... For us people who never played SC, could you give use a quick rundown of the main story mistakes, pretty please?

PS!

First reason: funzies.
Second reason: Only active thread for a good chunk of time.

The story is too big, my friend. TOOOOO BIG!!! It's EPIC.

You must start with Starcraft, then BroodWars. then SC2.....

it's Blizzard, you can't go wrong, Triple A company. YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME.
Last edited by Warmey on Nov 10, 2014, 5:50:47 PM
"
"
"
Sa_Re wrote:

D2's story is WC3's story in space.

say what?

He must be referring to the Arcane Sanctuary lel

>_> SC2 story = WC3 story ofc :P

"
VoidKrieg wrote:

Another example: Kerrigan in SC1 was the perfect villain. Pure evil, deceptive, manipulative, charismatic.

In SC2 she suddenly is a hero in shiny armor. Stupid, straight forward, caring, in love with rainor.
Last edited by Sa_Re on Nov 10, 2014, 6:04:22 PM
"
Sa_Re wrote:

In SC2 she suddenly is a hero in shiny armor. Stupid, straight forward, caring, in love with rainor.

because she still has some of the "good" Keriggan in her. C'mon now.
"
Warmey wrote:
"
Sa_Re wrote:

->

"
What they did to Kerrigan was absolutely inexcusable. [...] You either see it or you don't.

I got suckered into buying Hots. It was by far the worst StarCraft iteration I have ever played. The campaign was extremely easy, even on the hardest difficulty and the balance changes they made to 1v1 just made every game last 45+ minutes. It became turtle on your half of the map, mass a death ball and run it into your opponents death ball until one of you looses.

I played WOL a lot. It came out during the recession and I didnt have lot of work at the time so I would spend 8 hours a day 5 to 7 days a week playing that game. I was good enough to take out master level players in tournaments but never made it into high masters league myself. I had hoped HOTS would have fixed some of the glaring issues in WOL but just like with the diablo series blizzard let me down :(

Blizzard needs to give me a reason to give them my money now. I haven't liked the direction they've taken their games in the last few years so unlike some of my friends who feel the same way but keep mindlessly purchasing everything blizzard puts out (one friend bought d3 then d3 for console then ROS after complaining about how d3 wasn't anywhere near as good as d2 o.O) Hots is the last release I have/will buy from them until they put something out that warrants my time and attention and the last time they did that was June 27, 2001.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
Warmey wrote:
"
Sa_Re wrote:

->

"
What they did to Kerrigan was absolutely inexcusable. [...] You either see it or you don't.

I thought you guys were talking about her boobs
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
It's all about dem heels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info