What's your first assumption of people who have their profile as private?

Based of a player's profile privacy status, I conclude nothing. I judge the player based on their actions in-game and on the forums.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Assumption is the Mother of all eff-ups.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
I'm more interested in the insecurity of the people that feel the need to check other people's profiles.

Set to private? Thank God! I must have a larger penis than them!

Spoiler
And the correct answer to that assumption would be [Removed by support]
Profile checks are widely used for attacks ad hominem in debates. Those, used to this practice, feel helpless and insecure while arguing with locked profile players, as it negates their chance to "win", being restricted by their own stupidity to "finish" the opponent in no other way.
So part of the people just lock and wave a finger. It's funny.
Locked account doesn't mean one has nothing to show, or anything to hide. Or it could mean it. Who knows?
Spoiler
There are ways to inspect a player, if you are interested into it, no matter profile's locked. But noobs will never learn.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 11, 2014, 7:56:37 AM

Spoiler
their opinions is invalid
They dont want some assholes to say: " Hey, he doesnt even have 100 lvl character, dont listen to this n00b, he dont have a voice on our forums"
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
Skyforth wrote:
I want to hear them all.

Maybe because people don´t want to be stalked by kiddies which look after other players profiles.

Maybe this people just don´t want to shame you.

Maybe they don´t give a fuck about you and your opinion about them.
Last edited by free_at_last on Nov 11, 2014, 9:52:06 AM
"
They dont want some assholes to say: " Hey, he doesnt even have 100 lvl character, dont listen to this n00b, he dont have a voice on our forums"

Even this can be compromised :

lvl 100 - "don't even speak, you're a nolifer; oh, do you think you're better than the rest?"

90's - "lol noob, you are nowhere near 100's"

80's - "stfu, you didn't even experience what lategame means"

70's - "you know nothing"

60" - "poor noob; got a single 60 and dare to speak?"

HC/SC variations:

high lvl HC char - "ok,elitist; the rest of us are only maggots, right?"

high lvl SC char - "lol SC scrub; your level means nothing"
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 11, 2014, 10:01:16 AM
Private profile : Adults who don´t want the neighbours kids lurking around in their sleeping room.
Ehm, the only reason to open the profile tab of a user is to find previous posts for some reason, and this cannot be hidden. So pretty much nothing. If anybody assumes that a user is locking his acount cause he is insecure about something, the same thing can be applied to people who lurk in people's acounts to attack them for whatever reason. That being said, i do not even hide my FB profile, let alone bothering to hide the one here.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Nov 11, 2014, 10:36:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info