How the f*ck does Star Citizen make so much money?

"
Like any other entertainment media, a game should present what is most entertaining and excise the fat, whereas Chris Roberts openly said in the PAX panel that he loves the idea of walking around a ship and 'getting a cup of coffee' or 'taking a shower'.

seriously? would ppl enjoy that? Seems like such a frivolous feature
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
I like how they are scamming people thousands upon thousands of dollars on ships that don't exist yet in a game that doesn't exist yet.

On top of that they can perma blow up like Eve and you ACTUALLY have to buy INSURANCE for ships.

You can also buy entire solar systems before the game existing.

But yes this game is not P2W and "innovative". Their milestone for one million us dollars at a time is one (yes exactly 1) new ship. Like it takes an entire million dollars to design 1 ship.

They somehow decided to make the game have a hardcore fps module (seriously) before ANY other part of the game is remotely finished. I assume they are going to put a ton of P2W stuff in there too.Oh I forgot to mention, they game also has a subscription model after you pay for the actual game.

This game has a extreme probability of extremely disappointing people worse then elder scrolls online ever will.

A ton of misinformation here, but I'm too lazy to educate you :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Like any other entertainment media, a game should present what is most entertaining and excise the fat, whereas Chris Roberts openly said in the PAX panel that he loves the idea of walking around a ship and 'getting a cup of coffee' or 'taking a shower'.

seriously? would ppl enjoy that? Seems like such a frivolous feature

Chris Roberts is all about 'muh immersion' so while some features seem stupid a lot of people actually want them.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
No Man's Sky looks better than this game, and they aren't trying to overcharge for stupid star ships. No Man's Sky will be the biggest sandbox game ever created.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

Yes, there will be over 18 quadrillion planets to explore, and get resources from, and lots of animals/mobs to kill.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/26/exploring-18446744073709551616-planets-mans-sky/

If it can run on PS4, then chances are the specs requirement shouldn't be too steep for PCs. Which means you'd probably be OK with mid-high range Radeon 6XXX series, or Nvidia 5XX series. Pure speculation on that though. They do seem to be giving a lot of focus to PC, which means its not gonna be a crummy port.

Considering all that, I do have my doubts even about that game. It seems a little too good to be true.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 16, 2014, 1:30:37 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
No Man's Sky looks better than this game, and they aren't trying to overcharge for stupid star ships. No Man's Sky will be the biggest sandbox game ever created.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

Yes, there will be over 18 quadrillion planets to explore, and get resources from, and lots of animals/mobs to kill.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/26/exploring-18446744073709551616-planets-mans-sky/

If it can run on PS4, then chances are the specs requirement shouldn't be too steep for PCs. Which means you'd probably be OK with mid-high range Radeon 6XXX series, or Nvidia 5XX series. Pure speculation on that though. They do seem to be giving a lot of focus to PC, which means its not gonna be a crummy port.

Considering all that, I do have my doubts even about that game. It seems a little too good to be true.

Procedural = random, generic, boring. I hope No Man's Sky can prove me wrong, but it probably wont.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Procedural = random, generic, boring. I hope No Man's Sky can prove me wrong, but it probably wont.

I like minecraft, the problem is multiplayer, or finding a server that wasn't filled up with kids. Even servers that were supposedly "mature" talked up being 14 years old like it was some sort of achievement.....

I think a game like No Mans Sky would be mostly adults playing it, so the community would be better.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

I like minecraft, the problem is multiplayer, or finding a server that wasn't filled up with kids. Even servers that were supposedly "mature" talked up being 14 years old like it was some sort of achievement.....

I think a game like No Mans Sky would be mostly adults playing it, so the community would be better.

Try the Forest, Minecraft with cannibals

http://survivetheforest.com/about/
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info