Vaal Fragment Changes in 1.2.4d

Disappointing change to say the least, it's nice that you recognize the issue but your solution is far from good.

Basically you're changing it from farming docks for days to get a über run to farming docks for days while corrupting any carto box you might find along the way to run corrupted 66 maps to break up to monotony of docks farming.

You're still forced to grind out mid game content that gives no real XP, can't drop loot with max level affixes and poses no real threat to your character. I'd love to try über with my build but I'm not interested in spending several exalts on something I know might fail, and the motivation to run low level content for days on end for fragments is just not there after doing that for months to get 8/8 last league and weeks this league for the masters.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
I see two things,

1. People don't want to farm corrupted zones. Return the drop rate of vessels so gems are most likely. Make it more painful so only the craziest do it.

2. A Vaal orb is worth more than a fragment? If fragments are best farmed from corrupted maps (see #1), they won't be any longer.

Make Atrizi special again. Every tom, dick, and Harry can farm her easier than 77+ maps now.
only 1 fragment for 1 vaal orb, bad trade. are you trying to rip us off GGG
"
or through being unidentified

I'd like to offer the suggestion aside from the chance to make a map unidentified, it should have a low chance of maxing out the mods (to 8) so that the outcome of an unidentified corruption is less predictable, and makes them more exciting to run.

ign:mptyspace
"
Chris wrote:
If we had them drop while players were running regular maps then they'd merely stockpile them and occasionally get some free Atziri runs out of their existing play.

I just want to repost this.

Because I'm fucking lost for words and for hope (no pun)
Casually casual.

Its cool idea and you should make harder to farm Atziri
This game use to be challenging what is going on?!!?

Last edited by DeeMonk on Nov 10, 2014, 6:54:53 AM
Guys, are you serious?!

Instead of time-consuming, boring, pointless farming vaal zones without exp and any expensive loot - now you can spend 1 vaal orb to mirrored cartographer's and get rain of white corrupted maps!

In any case it's MUCH BETTER in terms of loot and exp (and fun!) to run even white corrupted maps instead of farming zones.
Suggestions I support:

Brand new, without flaws, set mechanic: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/117837
Last edited by narical on Nov 10, 2014, 6:56:33 AM
drop "a" Vaal Fragment... 1 vaal orb = maybe 1 dusk? or a corrupt sp ... mmm keep famr docks
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Well, I thought about it for a few minutes, and I'm pretty sure that this is not a helpful change.

Vaal orbs are already too rare and too useful to use on maps. A possible fragment drop is not enough to change this.

Question: does it mean trio-bosses like Bazaar's and Courtyard's drop three times as many fragments?

Comments:

That's not even a minor patch, that's "d". Minor patch, minor effort, minor change, but a positive one.

Self-sustaining 76+ maps is real nowadays, partially thanks to vaaling maps. Waste a couple of chaos orbs to get 100q or vaal it for 150q? Vaaling mirrored cartobox in mid-level maps is the only way to get rare mirrored maps instead of useless whites, and a chance for +1 level maps.

People don't alch-chaos 75s because it's super easy to sustain map pool now, not because it helps in getting more map drops or they haven't got them chaos orbs.

Vaal-orbing maps and boxes is a thing already, this change adds a small bonus to this. You don't vaal maps to get fragments, you vaal maps to get quantity and, as a small bonus, a fragment.

Written from a perspective of SC player with a build capable of running any map mod.

"
boof wrote:
What you guys should be focusing on is making doing master missions at low levels have a point. After your first run through the game in a new league, there is absolutely no point to doing master missions with new characters until you hit merciless.

Could've hit two birds with one stone here. Make the mission area bosses/creatures have a chance to drop fragments. A bit arbitrary as far as lore, but solid from a game design point of view.

Makes sence lore-wise actually.
Zana: "kill corrupted bosses"
Tora: "kill corrupted monsters"
Elreon: "destroy corrupted relics"
Catarina: "bring and kill corrupted minion"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info