Daggers and 2 H Weapons. How could be balanced.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
"

Hey I have a better idea NOTHING needs to go down other things need to go U P

Get it right.

Nerfs are fucking stupid.

Up monster life by 100%
Up 2h damage by 100%
Up all other non-crit damage by 100%

or...

Cut Dagger DpS by 50%

...comes down to the same result, doesn't it?
But it's far more complicated to implement.

Even if Daggers got the "piscator's treatment" (base damage=zero), they'd probably still outDpS most other builds.

You are probably right. I'm not really asking for a huge crazy nerf. What is needed (I suspect that many agree with me) that crit multi should be toned down somewhat.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
please don t troll normal melee users with again more monster health. I can t help in parties anymore with my "poor" 30k. Just nerf a bit the crit of daggers or add melee users more life + things like chance to stun.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Nov 9, 2014, 11:33:54 AM
"
Deredeo wrote:
"
Deredeo, so you want defense nerfed for 2handed melee characters too, obviously, right?

For me the concept of a warrior with an axe or two-handed mace is a fighter with great strength and vitality. I thought too in the possibility of adding armor or evasion, but this is inconsistent with the concept explained above. So no, I wouldn't add defenses to 2h users, only vitality and strength bonus.
The staff has the role of "shield" to 2handed, because has block chance. Ok, because is designed to be a more defensive/caster weapon, IMO.

I meant the lower defenses to 2h users, not adding them. Basically, if you're going with daggers, especially dual-wield, you're kinda committing to having little defense. That's the trade-off with high-dps characters.

A true glass cannon isn't even possible in this game, but if you're going high-dps and committing to the dagger nodes you're basically adopting the strategy of 'kill everything before it kills you' and using the high-dps to leech life. And even then, you need to tweak your gear to have max resists and go out of your way on the passive tree to have some life and life-regen and other defenses.

You need expensive gear to make a character like this viable, and I don't mean HC viable but in general, and that's not including going the CI route and needing the ES gear.

I know in the general context it seems silly that a big strong hulk wielding a huge axe isn't dealing more dps, but in the context of this game it seems balanced.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAA4cEsQUtBbUOSBEvEZYSIBa_GNsbrSFgJJ0k_SaVKgss4TB8Ne867UCgRwZMYFFHU99W9Vb6WNtbr13yXkVei2BLYeJiWmKsY0NqjGyMbbRuaXBScFZwcnDVcsN07XTxd9d3_XrvfXV9438rgUGE2YTvidONv46KkBuS85Vml9CZmpoTm4Oi2aOKpn-nNKsLrGaw2LGztMW1SLk-vqfBi8LsyBTMBs_4037UI9aK2HbbbtvU2-fdDedU62PtQe4O8uHz6vVv9vz66_zF_rr_3g==

That's my passive tree, and this character has been an experiment to see just how much glass-cannon is possible. And when I say possible, I mean soloing 72+ maps. You'll notice how many dps passives have been avoided and I've extensively respecced.

Something tells me that, especially because you kept referring to crit-multi and not crit-chance, that you're not really aware of the areas that are neglected when you go high-dps.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
You do realize if/when changes are made to re balance daggers and 2h melee. Everyone will soon notice just how stupidly good bows are in both pvm and pvp. With the op'ness of dagger no one really pays attention to bows.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Realistically daggers should have a high critical damage multiplier, mediocre crit chance, and slow-medium attack speed.

2H weapons as a whole should have slow speed and high crit chance.

Problem solved.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Always fun to see the crit/dagger haters make up numbers.

2Hs need a buff to defense and base (crit/damage), no nerfs needed.
Everyone who says crit needs no nerf... can i ask you something...

Does Diablo 3 Crit neead a nerf..

Cuz im about to blow your mind.

Diablo 3 and Path of Exile have one thing in common.

Critical is OP Gamebreaking.

Only difference is that in Diablo 3 .. there is no passive tree so crit is pretty much all there is to invest in.

While yes many other builds work and are very viable in both games.

you can not deny the vast amount of power that criticals bring.
"
Autocthon wrote:
Realistically daggers should have a high critical damage multiplier, mediocre crit chance, and slow-medium attack speed.

2H weapons as a whole should have slow speed and high crit chance.

Problem solved.

Fuck criticals, that's not how you balance a game. Critical multiplier is the sole reason balance is garbage in any game that lets you stack beyond 2x damage.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
ZaruenKosai wrote:
Everyone who says crit needs no nerf... can i ask you something...

Does Diablo 3 Crit neead a nerf..

Cuz im about to blow your mind.

Diablo 3 and Path of Exile have one thing in common.

Critical is OP Gamebreaking.

Only difference is that in Diablo 3 .. there is no passive tree so crit is pretty much all there is to invest in.

While yes many other builds work and are very viable in both games.

you can not deny the vast amount of power that criticals bring.

I don't give a fuck I like killing things in 1 hit and you shouldn't give a fuck of what others do.

You should give a fuck about UPPING other shit.

The two have in common is that nerfing crit is retarded and both of them agree thankfully I hope.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info