Daggers and 2 H Weapons. How could be balanced.

First of all, I know you post a lot about this, but I think, for my personal experience, that I have to give my opinion.

I have several characters, one with two daggers and critical build and one with two-handed weapon and pure physical damage. Both have more than 85, and to me it is very sad to see, in the case of two handed character, that classes with any other weapon causes more damage and is more likely to survive.The 2h melee has Atziri's disfavour, only as point.
Here are some of the solutions that could fix this and balance the damage of daggers, which is too much and you know it.

A) ABOUT DAGGERS AND CRITICAL: For me the easiest solution is nerf the critical multiplier, both daggers and passive points. If for example one passive has 25% multiplier, reduced it to 15%. This is also on the increase Critical Damage gem, put it with 100% more damage at 20% quality and level 20.
Many people talk about the chance of critical will be limited to 50%, but for me this is nonsence because people attack so fast that it is almost impossible don't critic. I think this option would "balance" a bit, but still be very powerful.

B) ABOUT TWO HANDED WEAPONS: Add small modifiers of Life or Strength to Two Handed passive points. I'm talking about Life modifiers +1% to 2%-3%.

In the case of the Strength may be add +5 to +10 depending on the location. By this way the fighters would have a "consistent" way to defend, as the other classes.

C) REWORK OF SKILL GEMS: Two in particular Spectral Throw and Heavy Strike.

Make that Spectral throw ONLY COULD BE USED WITH TWO HANDED AXES, MACES AND SWORDS. No more OP Builds with critical Spectral, because I believe that the intention was to give a ranged attack to melee fighters. Now we see that it has become.

With Heavy Strike, please, cut off the knocking-back mod. Is useless and adds more problem that benefits. If you want to add something "Heavy" to the skill gem I think that something like "the enemy has -20% less physical defense during 5 seconds" would be great, and more useful.
They are just suggestions, I think you're doing a great job, keep it up!

P. D. I hope this text will be well written, English is not my native language.
Have a nice day
Last edited by Deredeo on Nov 9, 2014, 4:24:41 AM
"
Deredeo wrote:
If for example the Platimun Kriss has a 80 multiplier, lower it to 60. This is also on the increase Critical Damage gem, put it with 100% more damage at 20% quality and level 20.

Daggers have implicit crit chance, not crit multiplier.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Deredeo wrote:
If for example the Platimun Kriss has a 80 multiplier, lower it to 60. This is also on the increase Critical Damage gem, put it with 100% more damage at 20% quality and level 20.

Daggers have implicit crit chance, not crit multiplier.

Ops, thats right.Thank you,edited!
Deredeo, so you want defense nerfed for 2handed melee characters too, obviously, right?
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on Nov 9, 2014, 4:49:32 AM
"
Deredeo, so you want defense nerfed for 2handed melee characters too, obviously, right?

For me the concept of a warrior with an axe or two-handed mace is a fighter with great strength and vitality. I thought too in the possibility of adding armor or evasion, but this is inconsistent with the concept explained above. So no, I wouldn't add defenses to 2h users, only vitality and strength bonus.
The staff has the role of "shield" to 2handed, because has block chance. Ok, because is designed to be a more defensive/caster weapon, IMO.
"
Deredeo wrote:

The staff has the role of "shield" to 2handed, because has block chance. Ok, because is designed to be a more defensive/caster weapon, IMO.

It is also the most offensive weapon, because it has crit chance >5%.

There's already several clusters in the skilltree that provide "damage for weapon xy + life".
Also the strength weapon passives are located in the area with the highest density of life nodes.

Takes like 2-3 minutes to create a tree with massive 500% increased damage and +350 str, 96 life, +234% life (this will lead to 6-7k life even without belly/kaom):
click me
(probably not 100% optimized, but most certainly good enough)
Isn't that enough life and damage?

I agree on cutting dagger crit DpS, but buffing 2h? I don't think that's necessary.

1) lowering base damage of crit weapons accordingly to base crit
2) increasing base crit of non-staff 2H (5.5 - 6.5 range)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
At the moment, I believe that the best way to buff two handed characters is to give them better defence. Right now, the best defence for a 2 hander is to go all the way across the tree for acro and phase (only viable for crit builds) and/or stack crazy amounts of life and regen. They are totally fine from a damage perspective (aside from melee disadvantage).

Dagger dps, however, does need to go down. I find it pretty crazy that my level 60 char with a 150pdps dagger can do 40k dps(most damage nodes not taken). My blender on the other hand is nearly 90 and has nearly maxed out gear with a 300 pdps WoE and he barely goes over 45k.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
At the moment, I believe that the best way to buff two handed characters is to give them better defence. Right now, the best defence for a 2 hander is to go all the way across the tree for acro and phase (only viable for crit builds) and/or stack crazy amounts of life and regen. They are totally fine from a damage perspective (aside from melee disadvantage).

Dagger dps, however, does need to go down. I find it pretty crazy that my level 60 char with a 150pdps dagger can do 40k dps(most damage nodes not taken). My blender on the other hand is nearly 90 and has nearly maxed out gear with a 300 pdps WoE and he barely goes over 45k.

Hey I have a better idea NOTHING needs to go down other things need to go U P

Get it right.

Nerfs are fucking stupid.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

Hey I have a better idea NOTHING needs to go down other things need to go U P

Get it right.

Nerfs are fucking stupid.

Up monster life by 100%
Up 2h damage by 100%
Up all other non-crit damage by 100%

or...

Cut Dagger DpS by 50%

...comes down to the same result, doesn't it?
But it's far more complicated to implement.

Even if Daggers got the "piscator's treatment" (base damage=zero), they'd probably still outDpS most other builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info