Display Zombie DPS

Zombie dps is too difficult to calculate. I know you can do it just like other spells. I'd appreciate it.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1 same with SRS
"
Ahzmund wrote:
I know you can do it just like other spells.
No, we can't. Other spells DPS is based on your stats, which you have easy access to. Zombie's DPS is based on the Zombie's stats, which you do not, because they're an entirely separate object.

This is planned for the long term but requires substantial amounts of work and refactoring the entire character screen system.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 5, 2014, 7:34:13 PM
Can't you patchwork it by copying the good values in a table tied to the gem, and then have calculations based on that? As a temporary solution, of course.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Ahzmund wrote:
No, we can't. Other spells DPS is based on your stats, which you have easy access to. Zombie's DPS is based on the Zombie's stats, which you do not, because they're an entirely separate object.

This is planned for the long term but requires substantial amounts of work and refactoring the entire character screen system.
It was the case when they could be snapshot. But now their dps is only a function of your gems/auras. Although it is still different object, but its stats are - at any given time - completely derivable from which gems you use (edit: except another people in party with auras, but let us be honest - how much people are willing to party with summoners anyway?).
Moreover, their health shows up now and its display takes in consideration all linked gems/uniques; the dps should be the same, why not?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Nov 6, 2014, 2:09:18 AM
"
silumit wrote:
It was the case when they could be snapshot. But now their dps is only a function of your gems/auras. Although it is still different object, but its stats are - at any given time - completely derivable from which gems you use (edit: except another people in party with auras, but let us be honest - how much people are willing to party with summoners anyway?).
Moreover, their health shows up now and its display takes in consideration all linked gems/uniques; the dps should be the same, why not?

But that would be a "dirty workaround", as for example an aura from another character or curse affecting them would not be displayed then as you said.

Such an implementation would be the same as could achieve with an excel sheet.
Last edited by daish0 on Nov 6, 2014, 6:49:21 AM
"
daish0 wrote:
But that would be a "dirty workaround"
Yes, that would be too.
"
daish0 wrote:
as for example an aura from another character or curse affecting them would not be displayed then as you said.
That's exactly why I mentioned parties and summoners :)

And anyway, even if it was possible to show correct info getting it right from minion objects... what should be displayed in situation when aura (or curse) affects only part of your minions? Imho displaying just base damage (with consideration of linked gems and maybe your own auras) is fine, anything more that that would be too complicated.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Ahzmund wrote:

it might be time to rework zombies from scratch . even with 14k hp they die in seconds in 73 maps ... they have no damage mitigation except if we force resistances in them but that is sadly not enough.

i tought of all minions zombies where the "tankie" minions...
You mistake tanky for immortal. So what if they die, just summon more. (its not nearly as bad as you claim btw)
"
Bahizret wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Ahzmund wrote:

it might be time to rework zombies from scratch . even with 14k hp they die in seconds in 73 maps ... they have no damage mitigation except if we force resistances in them but that is sadly not enough.

i tought of all minions zombies where the "tankie" minions...

Not sure what you're doing wrong, but my zombies never die on level 73 maps. Not even close. They don't even get below 80% hp. My zombies have 14K hp too, and I run 75/76/77 maps just fine. I'll admit there's a few map bosses that give my zombies some trouble, but for the most part, if they're not fighting one of a few particular map bosses, they aren't even coming close to dying. Also, with Haste, Vaal Haste, Flesh Offering, Sidhebreath, Montregul's, Lv 22 Zombies, Multistrike, Melee Splash, Melee Physical Damage, and every minion damage node, I can say with rough certainty that my zombies (if swarming one single target all at the same time), can altogether deal about 52K dps give or take (roughly calculated from a good friend of mine), which is sufficient. That along with my specters and SRS can kill the last form of Dominus on merciless solo in about 4 seconds.

As for displaying the DPS, it should display the DPS of a single zombie with only the calculation of gems, nodes, and maybe flesh offering if it's active. Auras, as stated previously, aren't always on every single zombie, so that's an issue worth not putting into the calculation. Alternatively, Auras could be a factor in the equation if the displayed DPS only displayed the zombie with the highest DPS among all of your zombies.

I'm saying zombies, but of course I mean all minions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info