What I wish GGG learned from Racing.

Spoiler
greyface
kappa
Perhaps the race season (or at least the "serious" portion of it catering to the "serious" racers, which unfortunately this season is all of it) should focus on formats that were actually designed with racing in mind, i.e. the Descents and Endless Ledge*. If I was GGG, I would put all of my balancing efforts into these formats. These are self-contained, controllable environments that don't have to cater to the needs of the entire PoE community. I'd also keep creating new Descent variants every once in a while to keep things fresh (or even a new one every season - seriously, it cant be that hard!).

Then, pad each season with "fun" events based on the normal game, using all the silly variants like Immolation and Fracture. Yes, even Fracture. Then GGG doesn't have to worry about the implications of Vorici spawning next to an Artisans box in Normal Mud Flats. We'll all be too busy getting rekt by replicating Rhoas to notice anyway.

That's pretty much my ideal racing season right there. Not too dissimilar to what we had even last season, or the season before (IIRC).

The 2 things my racing season do not address are the boss rushes (which were long overdue and I love) and party races (which obviously only work as part of the normal game, at least for now...). There are probably no shortcuts to fine-tuning these into more legitimate formats in the eyes of the "serious" racers. But it's up to GGG to decide how much they care about such things.

*Please note that I hate Endless Ledge. It is a boring linear grindfest where I get killed by inescapable freeze pulsers in zone 2 90% of the time. But some people believe it has merit and I respect that.
Last edited by Fightgarr on Nov 4, 2014, 11:36:06 PM
"
Jamhax wrote:
This raceseason

Racession?
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info