The end game part and the drop rate problem

"
RagnarokChu wrote:
I still see D3 forums spammed with "end game problems" and "drop rate" problems.

and it will never end, on a binary basis:
first there is complaining "I cant do what I want... everything is to hard to prepare/reach/gearup" - and then there comes "Everything is to easy... I have nothing to do" (and obviously, dont want to do what the dev's intend)

You cant play (rush) as fast as (im-)possible and then NOT expect a fast coming GAP after you're through.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Get 1600% mf (no lie) from D3 with better drop rates already + special snowflake drop rates that (95%) ALWAYS drop gear for your class with stats EXACTLY made for you + system that automatically gives you a legendary if you haven't gotten one in awhile + every gear has semi preset stats (will always roll the maximum affix) so it cannot ever be "crappy" (weapons will always roll your main stat + a damage on it automatically) and extremely tight affix rolls and stuff doesn't drop way below your level.

I still see D3 forums spammed with "end game problems" and "drop rate" problems.

But please do inform me how you would fix PoE.

Funny how we're running in circle here... you want to be informed? Check the last 4 pages.

For the 25th time, don't you see gap between D3's drop system and POE?

D3 Trading system and POE?

You just like to answer for the sake of wasting time?
"
Xavderion wrote:
If you have bad RNG there's trade to help you. You got 35 ex in drops/currency/whatever along the way leveling to 88, I wouldn't call that a drop rate problem.

This.

And also, expectations are the first step on the road to disapointment, enjoy your build, enjoy killing mobs, do a little RP, stop to smell the roses, take stock of what you have achieved and revel in it.
Noblesse oblige
"
Dahita wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Get 1600% mf (no lie) from D3 with better drop rates already + special snowflake drop rates that (95%) ALWAYS drop gear for your class with stats EXACTLY made for you + system that automatically gives you a legendary if you haven't gotten one in awhile + every gear has semi preset stats (will always roll the maximum affix) so it cannot ever be "crappy" (weapons will always roll your main stat + a damage on it automatically) and extremely tight affix rolls and stuff doesn't drop way below your level.

Funny how we're running in circle here... you want to be informed? Check the last 4 pages.

The full circle here is there is always a "end game" or "drop rate" problem (For some person) no matter how much you buff or be generous. I listed D3 who is ridiculously extreme on giving you shit and there are dozens upon dozens of thread talking about end game problems and "drop rate issues,"

You will fix nothing, the next person will come along and complain.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
Dahita wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

The full circle here is there is always a "end game" or "drop rate" problem (For some person) no matter how much you buff or be generous. I listed D3 who is ridiculously extreme on giving you shit and there are dozens upon dozens of thread talking about end game problems and "drop rate issues,"

You will fix nothing, the next person will come along and complain.

I understand where you're coming from with this but this theory doesn't hold up to facts.

If you were to apply it, then there would be no feedback forum and NOTHING would ever change because "Someone is going to complain one day or another". Of course people are going to complain, you do too, otherwise you wouldn't hang around here. What matters is how many of them and the arguments behind it.

No, you don't change a game for one person, but you might if there are several and if their point is solid. So instead of unlocking open doors (I don't know if it translates well lol, basically stating things that everybody knows), see how many complain about the incentive to play the game and the importance of trading in POE. We are legions (and it sounds badass too!).
Last edited by Dahita on Nov 5, 2014, 5:21:00 PM
"
Dahita wrote:
I understand where you're coming from with this but this theory doesn't hold up to facts.

If you were to apply it, then there would be no feedback forum and NOTHING would ever change because "Someone is going to complain one day or another".

There are (always) things that are biased - and things that are facts. 'Dazzled' expectations against RNG will never 'work'.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Dahita wrote:
Hello hello,

First off let me remind everyone that I think this game is amazing.

Now this is a post in response to my own thread from some months ago that you can find here

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/988584

Long story short, I was complaining about the drop rate and often came back the fact that I never reached lvl 80 so I couldn't complain.

375 hours of playing and a lvl 88 later, here I am again, confirming there is a drop rate problem.

During the time it took to reach lvl 88, I have never had a good drop for my character. Often I had to exchange and buy my stuff, thanks to saving currencies and trading. I understand this has become the point of the game but it renders the game less fun for people who can't play this much (so basically anyone who's got a family and/or a social life) and don't have time to learn exactly what is poe.xyz or the currency rates / weapons available / upgrades possible.

I did it to see where it would lead me, now here I am with a character who can rock just about anything and worth somewhere around 35 exas. Of course there are characters that are a lot more expensive but the point is I can do any maps.

When you play a character, what you keep in mind is "When I can finally play maps lvl 78, I will have the best stuff dropped". This added with the pleasure of seeing your character evolve keeps you going.

How surprised was I to see that there is NO difference in the drops between a map lvl 66 and a map lvl 78. I am still yet to find a better pair of gloves than the one I found when I was lvl 54. This is the last piece of equipment that I'd like to change with what I can find and maybe craft, but still nothing I found fits me better.

The last map I did was a legendary one with +250% mf and +150% items dropped. Add all my mf including gems and I was around 500% better mf. Well guess what: the best item I got was a chaos orb.

GREAT!

To reach level 88 means you need to get the best stuff around between lvl 60 and level 80. Ok. WHAT IS THE POINT ONCE IT'S DONE? What is the incentive for me to keep playing this character since I don't get any different drops than when I'm lvl 60?!

So then you start a new character, because you get bored. But while playing the new one, you start having this feeling that somehow it's pointless, because reaching a high level won't yield more stuff anyways.

Voila, therefore we all stopped playing again. No fun doing these +2000% mf chest maps that don't drop a single nice item, mapping all day just to get currency to exchange, it's not worth it and too much time consuming.

Also, the masters are a great idea! But it takes so much time to level them up that by the time I get them to lvl 8 the season will be over.

Voila, I don't force anyone to agree, I'm just giving the feedback I feel based on my experience: the game is not rewarding enough, I have been saying it for ages, now there is nothing left for me to keep playing for. If you don't feel this way good for you, I'm not going to debate the way I feel about it (or the way you do), there would be no point.

I agree with everything you wrote, it describes my thoughts and sentiments exactly.

Been playing since beta and due to the lack of almighty rng have yet to crack the lvl 78 barrier. What I'd like to see is guaranteed decent drops for all boss kills, incentive is important after all.
I'd say nerf no-lifers!
- Best Signature Ever -
To sum it up,

i agree with most of you in this Thread and i have experienced the same shit.
I played over 10 years Diablo 2 and for me it was the best ARPG. D3 had the chance to beat it, but with that programmer-team....meh.
POE has the same chances, to beat D2, but GGG have long road to go.
Endgamecontent = Character-Development, until you have finally the gear for your build and the char-lvl.
And then you start a new Build, if the game offers you a lot of deverse Charbuild possibilities.

POE have the same problems like D3 the first years = Trading vs. Selffound
There was no possible way of Char-development in D3 other than using the Auctionhouse.
Rares/legendarys were 99% crap...

Now looking at POE, we have the same Problems. 99% crappy Rares and most of the uniques are useless/not endgame-viable. You'll find the same shitty lowlvl Uniques at highlvl maps as in the normal mode.
So what have the people to do for Characterdevelopment = buying stuff = the concealed D3 Auctionhouse.

Sorry but this is what GGG has to offer? You'll grind, till you can buy it? Bullshit...absolutly Bullshit

What POE should do is:
- rework the droprates
- rework most uniques
- rework the rare affix/suffix rng shit and put in a lvl based drops.(for example you play a lvl 70 map and all weapondrops have at least +70%-90% dmg)
- create a selffound-league with very limited trade options or no trade options but better droprates
Last edited by GodAmunRe on Nov 23, 2014, 12:51:14 AM
Droprate are buffed(directly & indirectly) like multiple times

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info