The end game part and the drop rate problem

"
Dahita wrote:
All the high end equipment I've got is from the currencies I gathered FROM lvl 0 TO lvl 80, not from drops AT high level!

so it would be "better" to have not drop exalts (as examples) before merciless and even higher currencies not outside of maps? (just like D2 where the high runes were 'gated' by their level)

"
Dahita wrote:
Whether I play a lvl 66 map or a lvl 78 makes almost NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER. I still drop shitty yellows, about the same amount of currency.

wrong: even the shittiest rares on 75+ sum up to Regal orbs instead of Chaos. ->ltp ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
so it would be "better" to have not drop exalts (as examples) before merciless and even higher currencies not outside of maps? (just like D2 where the high runes were 'gated' by their level)

Higher level = better stuff. Simple enough?

"
wrong: even the shittiest rares on 75+ sum up to Regal orbs instead of Chaos. ->ltp ;)

Don't tell me I'm wrong about facts I experienced. Tell me you've got a different feeling about the end game, a different experience, facts that prove you've got great stuff, don't tell me I'm wrong about what I have experienced because you weren't there and that's what I witnessed like all the others on this forum: shitty drops towards the end unless you farm forever.

You want to do a lvl 78 map together tomorrow and see what cool stuff we get out of? You really want to try it? Let's do it, let's do a map and see what amazing regals lvl stuff we're gonna get.

With a bit of luck we'll get this great pair of legendary whool shoes...
I'm clearly sharing the same point of view with Dahita.

Last time i have finally succeded to buy the 6 extra tabs by steam for about 15 euros.
That was also the opportunity to finally pay back and to say thanks to the developpers for their great work.

Because i have always kept in mind this game is really amazing, and it's because it is amazing i am actually disapointed, and i want see a solution for trade and drops, because if those two elements could be fixed, this game could be always more incredible. But yeah, those drawbacks are a real problem in a player's experience.

The epic uniques are the key in the motivations of players. It is why we want to continue to play. But if we can't reach just a single of those, there is no point to continue.

For my part, when i was seeing i was unable to buy an item from trade, i was in my head : "Fine, maybe you will have to work harder if you want to succeed. Maybe you will find a cool item from maps !". And each time i was thinking i will find an item.. But i have never seen this "cool item" from maps...

And if you decide to stop maps because it's useless, and also you don't want to sell again in the trade, wait for eternity because everybody already has the same items as you, you're trapped. You can't find a way to feel effective and progress.

And this problem is persistant since i was playing from the beta. It is like waiting for something i'll never be able to see truly change.

PS : 2 lifesprig in the same map. It's priceless in terms of pain !

Spoiler

Last edited by M4X1MU5_300 on Nov 4, 2014, 7:00:54 AM
"
Dahita wrote:
Don't tell me I'm wrong about facts I experienced. Tell me you've got a different feeling about the end game,

Yes I tell you - my feeling about endgame is that its overrated - I barely would ever need it. But I know and respect that this is very hard to understand, for people whom's expectations just begin at level 78... ^^
The highest maps I actually do (and ever did) are low/mid 70ies from Zana dailies, and I give a damn shit about xp'ing or penalties or anything - I have fun how I am.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Dahita wrote:
Don't tell me I'm wrong about facts I experienced. Tell me you've got a different feeling about the end game,

Yes I tell you - my feeling about endgame is that its overrated - I barely would ever need it. But I know and respect that this is very hard to understand, for people whom's expectations just begin at level 78... ^^
The highest maps I actually do (and ever did) are low/mid 70ies from Zana dailies, and I give a damn shit about xp'ing or penalties or anything - I have fun how I am.

You're confused between "not understanding" and "disagreeing".

You're here, talking on a topic about the end game part, saying and stating all kinds of things while also saying you don't care about it since you don't play end game!

Great stuff.
Actually I had a conversation with someone just this morning about whether end game = any map, or 78 maps.

What I don't get is why you're debating other people's feedback (generally, that they haven't had bad experiences with drops, or that they don't care) when you asked that your own not be debated?
Endgame offers the potential for better stuff to drop.
You'll not find all those sweet tier 1 affixes in merciless docks.

However, "potential" alone doesn't make good items.
Affixes need to be rolled in nice combinations, so even a "only tier 3 affixes" item with nice mods is better than an item with one tier 1 roll.

And: while you may not find those items ins merciless docks, you find the currency there to buy them from someone who played in higher level maps.
So you buy it, and then there's nothing left to gain.
That doesn't mean "Endgame has a drop rate problem", it only means you cheated yourself and jumped over "30 levels of gear progression".
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Endgame offers the potential for better stuff to drop.
You'll not find all those sweet tier 1 affixes in merciless docks.

However, "potential" alone doesn't make good items.
Affixes need to be rolled in nice combinations, so even a "only tier 3 affixes" item with nice mods is better than an item with one tier 1 roll.

And: while you may not find those items ins merciless docks, you find the currency there to buy them from someone who played in higher level maps.
So you buy it, and then there's nothing left to gain.
That doesn't mean "Endgame has a drop rate problem", it only means you cheated yourself and jumped over "30 levels of gear progression".

I didn't see much difference (if any tbh) between farming the docks and farming unique lvl78 maps. I know what you're saying is true, however the chance to get any good roll is so low I barely noticed it.

For god's sake not one piece of equipment I have was found by myself, except that ONE piece of garbage pair of gloves that I found at... lvl 50!

Now I didn't cheat myself into anything, what I have accrued comes from countless hours (well, actually 375 over a month...) of farming and trading. And now what? I'm level 88 with cool stuff and the only thing left for me to do is to keep farming for roughly the same shitty stuff I found when I was lvl 50.

Come on...
"
davidnn5 wrote:
Actually I had a conversation with someone just this morning about whether end game = any map, or 78 maps.

What I don't get is why you're debating other people's feedback (generally, that they haven't had bad experiences with drops, or that they don't care) when you asked that your own not be debated?

I debate on what can be, as we should all do. Telling someone "You're wrong, the game is great/bad" is not debating. It's imposing an opinion. Saying "I disagree because X and Y" is debating.
 For PoE the end game problem is that GGG has no endgame in PoE. For the few that have gotten a build to level 100, what has that gotten them? Has their exile been released as a free person and is able to leave Wraeclast? Is the level 100 character retired to a hall of fame ladder ranked by time played to reach level 100 for bragging rights? Is there a grand prize waiting for us at level 100? Is there a grand finale cinematic ending with our exile sailing away from the Wraeclast prison Island? No, of course not! In GGG's haste to bring out new acts they have completely failed to code a proper ending for PoE. GGG has no "carrot-on-a-stick" in PoE to motivate most to play past level 80 (generally seen as the softcap). There is no better loot save the super extremely RNG fickle high unique drop so there really is no great incentive to play on in the high levels. Throw 100s and 1000s of hours of grind time into playing maps and what do we get? Nothing much except a higher level character and more orbs? End game better loot sucks donkeys and needs to be overhauled and soon before PoE suffers from player burnout and mass exodus. I've enjoyed playing PoE for the past 2 years but with a love/hate relationship (love many game mechanics / hate many game mechanics) my active playing days are dwindling due to GGG's lack of providing a good reason to grind on.

Heading down the final stretch of the 3 month leagues and PoE Steam Charts shows daily playing from a low of around 2500 to a high of just over 6000. If I were a GGG founder I'd be appalled and alarmed of such low daily player stats. Even doubling the numbers to account for non-Steam players and it's still an appallingly low total. The next 3 month leagues are likely to be even worse with them being the same format and occurring during the busy Thanksgiving and Christmas season with most having less free time to play. All in all PoE is on life support and Act 4 better improve the endgame playing significantly or else it'll be the next nail in the PoE coffin.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info