The end game part and the drop rate problem

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Shit some of these average player 4-6 hours a day and they still can't do end game.

But how? If you play 4-6 hours a day for several weeks you will reach endgame unless you're a complete noob or simply not interested in leveling up and rerolling all day.

Man ask them most want to be spoonfed <.< or call for fucking nerfs because they ''can't'' be good as them
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 2, 2014, 5:28:59 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Shit some of these average player 4-6 hours a day and they still can't do end game.

But how? If you play 4-6 hours a day for several weeks you will reach endgame unless you're a complete noob or simply not interested in leveling up and rerolling all day.

They are not playing that much or not paying attention. I already mentioned 3 or 4 end game less than 5ex builds - there are many more. Most people do drop 5 ex in a season either on the ground or certainly in trade playing 4-6 hrs a day. Hell way more.

This and last seasons most popular build only needed a 4L and was atziri viable (mathils pucture ranger and fox's Godfris helm arcer)... people maybe just think they need shavs or some shit.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 2, 2014, 5:36:42 PM
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

Man ask them most want to be spoonfed <.< or call for fucking nerfs because they ''can't'' be good as them

I call for crit nerf all the time and play crit. It's about build diversity not being jealous. If players including myself feel crit is only way to play because of instant up all the time flasks, at least twice dps and better defense as non crit it makes game less interesting.

One thing I liked about PoE vs D3 when I came here was the virtually limitless good builds instead of stacking CC CD AR HP all the time every class every character in D3. Crit is becoming like D3.
Git R Dun!
It's funny how, no matter how well you try to explain it, some people will come, not to comment on the topic, but to impose their unrelated view on the game.

I'm going to try to make it as simple as I can in the hope it will prevent this topic to deviate:

When you're lvl 88, you roughly drop the SAME amount of good stuff as when you're level 50, which is almost nothing

From my experience (and that's why I got to this level with this gears quality, to avoid the "You need to get to a much higher level" argument) Whether I play a lvl 66 map or a lvl 78 makes almost NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER. I still drop shitty yellows, about the same amount of currency.

EXAMPLE: last 4 maps lvl 78: shitty yellow items and one legendary: the magnificient pair of Wondertrap!!!!! (for the what, 18 time?)

So my point is: "What is the incentive for playing near end-game" if it makes no difference drop-wise?

Path of TRADING has taken over TOO MUCH of the game (and yes, of course I got my equipment from trading, whoever the smart ass is that thought I dropped all of it), and it's NOT a fun feeling.

"
You had no issues especially in your situation. Well I see one.

YOU REFUSE TO TRADE.

You don't fucking find shit in this game you get currency via drops or a decent lucky drop through mf'ing and go from their aka trade and I'm one of the most known mfers in the game and I will tell you this as everyone else has told you.

RNG is RNG.

A pain in the ass.

That's how my chars were born through mf'ing and trading 24/7 same in ambush same in this league and especially in STD when it first existed that's the reality.

Man you need to calm down and grow up. How do you think I got my gears, I dropped it all?

RNG never meant you can't adapt it to the level played.
Why don't you just stick to conversations with your sister...
"
Dahita wrote:
How surprised was I to see that there is NO difference in the drops between a map lvl 66 and a map lvl 78. I am still yet to find a better pair of gloves than the one I found when I was lvl 54. This is the last piece of equipment that I'd like to change with what I can find and maybe craft, but still nothing I found fits me better.

If you want items that are upgrades just because they're higher level then I'd suggest Diablo 3 for you. The gear plateau of POE has the advantage that it doesn't feel like leveling a new character is a waste of time (since you can find a gear upgrade for your L88 at L54) and that a wider swathe of the game can be revisited for practical purposes. One thing you left out is that high level zones offer a broader variety of things that can upgrade your gear than what you can find in mid level zones.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"
Dahita wrote:
How surprised was I to see that there is NO difference in the drops between a map lvl 66 and a map lvl 78. I am still yet to find a better pair of gloves than the one I found when I was lvl 54. This is the last piece of equipment that I'd like to change with what I can find and maybe craft, but still nothing I found fits me better.

If you want items that are upgrades just because they're higher level then I'd suggest Diablo 3 for you. The gear plateau of POE has the advantage that it doesn't feel like leveling a new character is a waste of time (since you can find a gear upgrade for your L88 at L54) and that a wider swathe of the game can be revisited for practical purposes. One thing you left out is that high level zones offer a broader variety of things that can upgrade your gear than what you can find in mid level zones.

No, Diablo 3 is a totally different game drop wise, I'd rather see this one that I like getting better than playing D3 which is an insult to the magnificient D2, which was an insult to the godly D1.

Back on track, I have the total opposite opinion: it DOES feel like leveling up a new character is a waste of time, for the reasons mentioned on the very first message.

Exactly as you put it, you can find a gear upgrade for your lvl 88 at lvl 54. What is the point of playing at lvl 88 rather than 54 then? Therefore, what's the point of leveling up?

Now a broader variety of things? WHICH ONES! I'm serious, which ones? Maps? that drop the same stuff either way? Corrupted areas that take hours of game to access through fragments (or you turn to full blown Path of trading again)? What are you talking about?
"
Dahita wrote:
No, Diablo 3 is a totally different game drop wise,

You can't eat your cake and still have it too. If drops are better just because the level got higher they need to be designed in a way where the scalar numbers are the primary determinant of how good it is.

You try to make it sound like POE doesn't have that characteristic at all, but it does, just to a small enough degree that there's a gear plateau. D3 pushes that chord strong enough that level is a preface before mod selection becomes a consideration. That's one of the key differences between the two games' loot. There's no way to make levels more important to gear choice without making POE loot more like D3 loot. I'm sorry you can't see how that's true, but that doesn't change that it is.

"
Dahita wrote:
Exactly as you put it, you can find a gear upgrade for your lvl 88 at lvl 54. What is the point of playing at lvl 88 rather than 54 then? Therefore, what's the point of leveling up?

What a half-hearted defense. If you really didn't know what the point of leveling is then why aren't you farming L54 zones with your L88; and how did you ever get so high!

"
Dahita wrote:
Now a broader variety of things? WHICH ONES! I'm serious, which ones? Maps? that drop the same stuff either way? Corrupted areas that take hours of game to access through fragments (or you turn to full blown Path of trading again)? What are you talking about?

There's more uniques ( http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/585334 ), more base types ( http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour_%28equipment%29 ), and affix rolls can be higher ( http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_Affix ).
"

You can't eat your cake and still have it too. If drops are better just because the level got higher they need to be designed in a way where the scalar numbers are the primary determinant of how good it is.

You try to make it sound like POE doesn't have that characteristic at all, but it does, just to a small enough degree that there's a gear plateau. D3 pushes that chord strong enough that level is a preface before mod selection becomes a consideration. That's one of the key differences between the two games' loot. There's no way to make levels more important to gear choice without making POE loot more like D3 loot. I'm sorry you can't see how that's true, but that doesn't change that it is.

You can't decide what is just by saying it. OF COURSE there is a way. Raise a tiny bit the chances to get a better item at higher level.

If you can't understand that there is a whole panel of options between D3 and its high level custom legendary every 10 minutes, and POE, why are you even here?

"
What a half-hearted defense. If you really didn't know what the point of leveling is then why aren't you farming L54 zones with your L88; and how did you ever get so high!

All the high end equipment I've got is from the currencies I gathered FROM lvl 0 TO lvl 80, not from drops AT high level! That's the whole point I am making.

Now you're confused between the XP you make on high lvl maps and the drops they yield. I'm talking about the drops...

"

Yes, "CAN BE" higher. I have not dropped more legendaries and my shitty gloves are still the same ones I dropped around lvl 50 since I can't find anything better but by trade (which I refuse to do, I am trying to get ONE piece of equipment by myself, crazy uh). You could imagine getting a little more currency drops like chaos, divine, exa but no. WHY don't you drop better stuff (not 0.00001% more, a REAL higher amount) at a higher level, that's what puzzles me. No incentive to play 7 hours straight to gain level 89, since the loot is inexistant.

Yes, I have dropped a lot of uniques for sure. ALL low crap, and not much more from higher level. Everyone says it's pointless to keep playing after lvl 85 and I feel this too.
Last edited by Dahita on Nov 3, 2014, 11:05:49 PM
On a side note thanks for your links, it really shows that their "massive raise" of drop % left and right really aren't that much massive whatsoever...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info