The end game part and the drop rate problem

Hello hello,

First off let me remind everyone that I think this game is amazing.

Now this is a post in response to my own thread from some months ago that you can find here

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/988584

Long story short, I was complaining about the drop rate and often came back the fact that I never reached lvl 80 so I couldn't complain.

375 hours of playing and a lvl 88 later, here I am again, confirming there is a drop rate problem.

During the time it took to reach lvl 88, I have never had a good drop for my character. Often I had to exchange and buy my stuff, thanks to saving currencies and trading. I understand this has become the point of the game but it renders the game less fun for people who can't play this much (so basically anyone who's got a family and/or a social life) and don't have time to learn exactly what is poe.xyz or the currency rates / weapons available / upgrades possible.

I did it to see where it would lead me, now here I am with a character who can rock just about anything and worth somewhere around 35 exas. Of course there are characters that are a lot more expensive but the point is I can do any maps.

When you play a character, what you keep in mind is "When I can finally play maps lvl 78, I will have the best stuff dropped". This added with the pleasure of seeing your character evolve keeps you going.

How surprised was I to see that there is NO difference in the drops between a map lvl 66 and a map lvl 78. I am still yet to find a better pair of gloves than the one I found when I was lvl 54. This is the last piece of equipment that I'd like to change with what I can find and maybe craft, but still nothing I found fits me better.

The last map I did was a legendary one with +250% mf and +150% items dropped. Add all my mf including gems and I was around 500% better mf. Well guess what: the best item I got was a chaos orb.

GREAT!

To reach level 88 means you need to get the best stuff around between lvl 60 and level 80. Ok. WHAT IS THE POINT ONCE IT'S DONE? What is the incentive for me to keep playing this character since I don't get any different drops than when I'm lvl 60?!

So then you start a new character, because you get bored. But while playing the new one, you start having this feeling that somehow it's pointless, because reaching a high level won't yield more stuff anyways.

Voila, therefore we all stopped playing again. No fun doing these +2000% mf chest maps that don't drop a single nice item, mapping all day just to get currency to exchange, it's not worth it and too much time consuming.

Also, the masters are a great idea! But it takes so much time to level them up that by the time I get them to lvl 8 the season will be over.

Voila, I don't force anyone to agree, I'm just giving the feedback I feel based on my experience: the game is not rewarding enough, I have been saying it for ages, now there is nothing left for me to keep playing for. If you don't feel this way good for you, I'm not going to debate the way I feel about it (or the way you do), there would be no point.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You must have looted a ton of currency to be able to have a 35ex character and never had anything good drop. Or did you find stuff that was worth selling too?
Don't feel bad I'm 91 and 3/4 with a bunch of high 80s characters too and never dropped anything GG for myself. But once you understand drop rate is built around trading and participate you can get what you want. Takes some knowledge and understanding of all builds and itemization so you can recognize a decent drop when it drops and sell it. You'll see drop rare is fine after that.

I never dropped anything over 3ex and that was a 6L white chest in Sarn. All other items were 2C-1ex sales and still managed to suit up 50-100ex characters in each of the two seasons I've been here. Sales add up.

Then again - you dont even need that much with 3-5ex puncture rangers, max blockers and SRSing beating Atziri. I just have more expensive tastes.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 2, 2014, 4:23:08 PM
If you have bad RNG there's trade to help you. You got 35 ex in drops/currency/whatever along the way leveling to 88, I wouldn't call that a drop rate problem.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
If you have bad RNG there's trade to help you. You got 35 ex in drops/currency/whatever along the way leveling to 88, I wouldn't call that a drop rate problem.

Pretty much what I was trying to say. You can build 5-10 end game characters with that much currency.

Git R Dun!
You had no issues especially in your situation. Well I see one.

YOU REFUSE TO TRADE.

You don't fucking find shit in this game you get currency via drops or a decent lucky drop through mf'ing and go from their aka trade and I'm one of the most known mfers in the game and I will tell you this as everyone else has told you.

RNG is RNG.

A pain in the ass.

That's how my chars were born through mf'ing and trading 24/7 same in ambush same in this league and especially in STD when it first existed that's the reality.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 2, 2014, 4:43:34 PM
I get tired of ppl saying you have to play/trade a lot too. my routine is about 2 hrs a day after I get off work at 4. I eat with some freinds or GF, shower, sit at computer from 7-9pm do my dialies which are all 7+ BTW, update my sales thread, open for business about 2 hrs. Weekends I play a little more but not this weekend i'm on vacation and not playing at all. Still have made end game. Sure not top 10% or anything so what, but 6Led and ~80ex in gear and can do all content. Then again if you build the economy builds chon sol ranger +2 SRS, rathpith max block etc you don't even need that much time invested.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 2, 2014, 4:59:58 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I get tired of ppl saying you have to play/trade a lot too. my routine is about 2 hrs a day after I get off work at 4. I eat with some freinds or GF, shower, sit at computer from 7-9pm do my dialies which are all 7+ BTW, update my sales thread, open for business about 2 hrs. Weekends I play a little more but not this weekend i'm on vacation and not playing at all. Still have made end game. Sure not top 10% or anything so what, but 6Led and ~80ex in gear and can do all content.

You think people are good as you oh man we should give you a medal. Please people are average not everyone is on the same level.

Most people aren't going to do a 6L
Most people aren't going to get a decent tier drop

Hell most people DON'T EVEN HAVE A FEW EX's

That's life of the game.

You DO have to trade
You DO have to ''work'' in the game to be decent tier / top tier what the fuck ever

Average people can't do that especially in this game you're probably one of the only cases I mean 2 hours a day? Shit some of these average player 4-6 hours a day and they still can't do end game.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 2, 2014, 5:01:55 PM
"
Shit some of these average player 4-6 hours a day and they still can't do end game.

But how? If you play 4-6 hours a day for several weeks you will reach endgame unless you're a complete noob or simply not interested in leveling up and rerolling all day.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Well to be fair I read forums a lot (more than play). Study builds and itemization so I can understand when some random ring or boots drop if it may have value to some ppl so I can make a sale. So i am fairly dedicated despite my earlier posts causualness.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info