A Few Questions about Immortal Call

So I recently decided to change my RF CwDT set up.

From CwDt+ ice nova+ enduring cry ---> CwDT+ enduring cry+ Immortal call+ Inc duration.

However, I have a few questions about Immortal call.

1) When it says immune to phys damage, does it mean ANY physical spells as well? For example, Vaal slam, brutis groundslam, etc... I am so scared of those spells in general, I would love to know!

2) Do people still run granite flask when you have a CwDT setup with immortal call? It's one of the flask I have been using for pretty much since the beginning of my build, so I'm wondering if I should change the flask out!

Thank you!
Hello there,

for (1): Yes, it includes all physical damage, spells too. However, Vaal Oversoul's slam is not a spell anymore (go look up those patch notes some months ago yourself, don't remember which patch it was). CWDT does however not circumvent EC's cooldown, so your IC may not last for as long as you want it to (that's what she said :O )

(2) Thus, there is no harm in using granites still. Extra armor is always appreciated. Usually, IC cwdt does not save you from big attacks (like Vaal's slam) anyway, as it is only triggered upon taking damage. You actually want to be sturdier/immune before that. Now, I heard damage is calculated when attack animations are begun, so granites probably won't do you any good then anyway, but that's another story ..

Live long and prosper.
Thanks for the reply! I actually didn't know there is a wiki page about vaal oversoul himself.(thought they only put info about gems and items)

I just checked, his slam does 50% phys and 50% fire. So in a way, I'm immune to 50% of the slam and the other 50% will just be dependant on my fire res. (If i have my IC up)

I'll keep probably keep my granite as you do have a point there!

Thank you friend(:
I like to run 2 CWDT for physical mitigation, level 3 immortal call, level 5 enduring cry, level 1 cwdt, and level 20 increased duration, and in another link level 9 CWDT, level 10 enfeeble, level 12 molten shell, and level 12 summon skeletons. On curse immune monster maps I swap enfeeble for level 20 minion health. On top of all this is a perpetual granite flask of iron skin. If I had to pick one cwdt skill of them all it would be the skeletons. Those brave little bastards have tanked a lot of hits for me :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info