Can we get some MTX for weapon classes that people actually use

"
lolozori wrote:

that exists already( or something ridiculously close to it)

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Midnight_Bargain

id rather have new looking stuff than rehashes
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Erik wrote:
There's a couple of wand MTX coming out quite soon now. Unfortunately we need quite a long lead time to get 3D models through the entire pipeline of concept/modelling/texturing/effects/patching, especially when people might be busy with other urgent issues that keeps piling up on top of the queue.

Threads like this would be a good opportunity to post examples of what you'd like to be added BTW. While we won't copy things from elsewhere straight away, it certainly helps speed things up if we get awesome ideas for potential MTX posted here.

I'd like to see more classic microtransactions like Silver Wings mtx
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
I would really love some type of Harpy knife MTX, something with a really nasty serrated and inward curving blade. The hilt should be minimal and scraped together giving it a more "homemade" look than this picture.

"
Erik wrote:
There's a couple of wand MTX coming out quite soon now. Unfortunately we need quite a long lead time to get 3D models through the entire pipeline of concept/modelling/texturing/effects/patching, especially when people might be busy with other urgent issues that keeps piling up on top of the queue.

Threads like this would be a good opportunity to post examples of what you'd like to be added BTW. While we won't copy things from elsewhere straight away, it certainly helps speed things up if we get awesome ideas for potential MTX posted here.

Well, something robe-like, for casters, for example. The Arcane armour set is the only MTX set that can even remotely be considered tailored towards casters, and it doesn't quite do it for me. I'd like to see something more classically mage-like.

Using DOTA 2's Invoker character as an example:
^ if people start running around looking like that I quit. QQ

Spoiler
seriously though.
Still no mtx for staves...kinda disappointed :-(
IGN: Crix_st
LL Blade Vortex
I would really like to see 3D art for Moonsorrow. The dark metallic look would go really great with a lot of skills and especially for buids that use wands to attack.
MTX like the new Serpent Egg Wand skin will probably always be more flashy so that would be an awesome alternative to those who prefer a more subtle design. Since Moonsorrow isn't that rare it would also be available to many players through skin transfers.

In terms of the design process, the 3D art for Moonsorrow should be rather cheap to implement as well. The 3D model for the spiraled part of a regular Imbued Wand already looks really good so you could simply take that part, scale it by approximately 1.2-1.5 in length and 1.5-1.8 in thickness and add the new handle.
Finish it with a nice texture that captures the almost black base with that slightly blue/silver metallic shine and you've got a great looking wand skin. Alternatively you could add the shine as an extra effect but that might also be a good idea for a future alternate art race reward.

Spoiler
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info