A NEW TRADİNG SYSTEM MIGHT BE GOOD

Hi GGG. I am an avarage poe player. I have enough experience for theese kind of games and according to my experience; this kind of games must have a good trading system. POE is a farm based game which is very hard to trade while farming. If any player want to buy or sell an item by trading must spend a lot of time doing nothing but reading trade chat and most of the players are not patient enough.

Despite this being a big problem for game, its not unsolvable. I have an idea. I think you can make an area or put a npc just trading which/who can storage items and orbs in this way: let it be a npc, when we will talk to him/her we will encounter all types of items as a list. It can be categorized by type, value,level, class or something else. If the player want to sell an item he/she put his/her item to category of that item and write the excahge items (orbs) there. And if anyone want to buy that item just need to look at that list and find that item, the buyer can purchase that item if he/she has the exhange necessities which has been written by the seller in his/her inventory. After that when the item is purchased the written excange is automatically sent from buyers inventory to seller's stash. By this way trading might be really easy and while trading we can farm as well :).

Im sorry if i wrote this massage too long and İm sorry for my english not my main tongue. Im sure that you are working about more important problems and you even find better ideas for this problem but i felt i must share this idea to you.So thank you.
Last edited by ttsmagemer on Oct 31, 2014, 9:20:18 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'll bump this because poe.trade, sifting through forums, and Procurement errors all have their drawbacks. I really think that an in-game trading system should be in order. I'm not necessarily advocating for an auction house or anything like. Something minimal that will not interfere with the economy, but still help trade, buy, sell items effectively without AFK parties and trade spam.

P.S. For all those saying that what we have now is perfectly fine and no one should be complaining, there is no need to be complacent. The game should continue to change and improve and I truly believe something as integral to the game as trading should really be looked at by GGG. It should be right up on their list just as with new expansions, new acts, new items, etc. should be.
Ah was ahead of its time not sure why ppl have a problem with it.

-could sell stuff offline
-Conversely could buy listed item if seller was offline unlike here were odds are player is offline.
-could get market value or close without knowing anything under open bid system. Noobs in D3 AH only got ripped off if they posted a 6CC Mempo on AH because of 2B gold cap. In special cases they should have used offsite. Here noobs get ripped off all the time and game is way more complex itemization so even experienced player do.
-All the scams, bad manner, "Offer" crap all goes way fo dodo bird with AH.

I was born when most of you were playing D1 so hold no nostalgia for 1990s trade chat. Shits old dated and obsolete time for AH.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 3, 2014, 3:38:34 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Ah was ahead of its time not sure why ppl have a problem with it.

Yes and with many of those ahead of time things, it failed and showed that an efficient auction house helps bot-traders most.

The downside of PoE trading with xyz is that both parties have to be online and meet up somewhere. While inferior to a D3 vanilla auction house on paper, this makes a fully automated flip bot hard to impossible.

Trade chat is crap ofc for most non currency vs. currency trades.
But this is an AH, pretty much, and even worse, an automated one.

I've no problem with an auction house where you can list items, but it should not be automated. An auction house is pretty much the best ingame way for players to find the items they need, however, it should only be a way to reach the seller, the actual trading and possible haggling must be done on a player to player basis or else this will be like d3 was at release, "won" by trading on ah all day, you needing to be there isntantly for buyout so you need to search allt he time, or you need to stay up late for auctions to finish etc. It should just be a way to find contact info for the seller, an ah like that is just fine.

Imagine that players could enable stash tabs to be used for AH, the ah will then update those stash tabs always with whatever you put in them, and if you want you can set an overall price for the tab, and is should also be possible to individually add items to AH with a set price. Players can then see contact info for the sellers and it's up to them to contact and work out a deal. On ah you could search for things like affixes(as specific as you want), last seen online and price level.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Nov 3, 2014, 6:25:12 AM
An auction house would be great when it comes to POE thanks to its currency system (no gold) and IF you can't buy currency with real money (what killed Blizzard's AH imo).
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Imagine that players could enable stash tabs to be used for AH, the ah will then update those stash tabs always with whatever you put in them, and if you want you can set an overall price for the tab, and is should also be possible to individually add items to AH with a set price. Players can then see contact info for the sellers and it's up to them to contact and work out a deal. On ah you could search for things like affixes(as specific as you want), last seen online and price level.

This. ^^^

I use Procurement, but sometimes it glitches out on me and all my buyout tags shift over 1 item. If I want to make any small edits then, I have to link each item through the forum. If an in-game trading system was implemented, they could simply tie it with player stash tabs: item changes live, no more broken links if it tracks the item.
Am I the only one thinking that a web based trading system can be MASSIVELY abused though?

Think about it, they don't need to be in-game to trade anymore, they just need to do a bunch of html web requests.. :s
MCAussie MCServer. MCWin.
Just roll out a new trading system in a temp league, collect data, correct, and move on. Once they get the magic formula, introduce it to standard.

It will have no real long lasting effects if drop rates do not change. Drops and currency are produced at fixed rate. Once the temp league ends the same amount of currency/items will enter the standard leagues (with potentially greater distribution).

I'd still love to see a Bazaar system- It allows some in game way to sell things without spamming trade chat, doesn't have the absurd efficiency of an AH that ends in everything being so cheap you never find your own gear, and tot op it all off adding in a fun shopping experience where you wander between player vendors hoping to spot a good deal.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info