PRNG, you fucking bastard!

the dice rolled in my favour killing a map boss, and I got a Chin Sol Bow.
wasn't a hard boss or a hard map, but yes some risk/reward there since it's a boss and not a barrel.

well I decided to try and 5-link it. yes I know: stupid and greedy.
blew about 40 Jewellers on it. 1 socket. no more Jewellers.
so I did something I don't normally do, out of sheer frustration: traded. an Exalted Orb. for Jewellers.

now just to put you guys into the right perspective what an "Exalted" means to me: I had 3 before this trade took place. that's it. you can start laughing and trolling now, but I'm dead serious.
yes, I had 3 Exalted in Standard, and yes I just traded one to try and fucking 5-link one damned Chin Sol.

8 stacks of 20. need to set aside 70 orbs for Vorici in case RNG screws me.
it did, but not with Jewellers. oh no. it's a far greater b**ch than that.
I 5-socketed it. with orbs to spare over the lower limit of 70. time to get Fusings for the rest.
and only then the bastard struck true: I barely 4-linked it. on my last fucking Fuse.

all in all, that's one Chin Sol, one less Exalt in my inventory which is effectively 1/3 less high orbs, and not even a 5-link.
go ahead. call me "entitled" but damn it, all of this for almost nothing.
and looking at the trade site auction-house, is just adding insult to injury: a 5-socket Chin Sol sells for 4 Chaos Orbs in there.
so screwed, I'm almost crying right now.

look GGG, Vorici is nice and all, but crafting isn't a boolean "roll dice or pay fixed price".
there has to be a middle ground. one that people have been suggesting ever since I first played Path Of Exile. at least.
be it Entropy, consideration of item level, other orbs that guarantee a smaller range of results... you name it, it has been suggested at least once.
please, GGG. I'm just begging you at this point. please, do something. anything. make something that can be called "crafting". something that's there in the middle between "gambling" and "shopping".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Not that I disagree that the linking minigame sucks, but you've been here for 2 years, shouldn't you be used to it by now?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Is "PRNG", praise random number generator?

If so, no. Fuck that thing.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
If you're trying to fuse a 5 socket item you should be using the 150 fusings recipe with vorici. The rates seem to be based on the chance of 5 linking a 6 socket item so if you're trying to link it with only 5 sockets, you have to expect to spend way more fusings.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Oct 31, 2014, 6:34:21 PM
I think an easy way to make things better for crafting, would be to add a system where with each jeweller's/fuse you use on an item, the chances of getting 6s/6l augments, that way using one and not getting the desired result wouldn't be a 100% loss, and you could even sell items with a higher fuse/jewel investments for a higher price even if they aren't fully socketed or linked
I think it's pseudo.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Oct 31, 2014, 6:48:31 PM
"
I think it's pseudeo.

I think you mean *sudo*...
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Whooopoooopppp
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Oct 31, 2014, 6:42:25 PM
+1 op. I feel your frustration.

Sidenote, it's easier to 5link a 6s than a 5s (Fun, yeah I know..)

I don't see what the problem is. Why are GGG so stone set on this gambling ''crafting''? What game did they get that inspiration from? Las vegas simulator 1999 edition?
Last edited by Maxwells on Oct 31, 2014, 6:44:12 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
the dice rolled in my favour killing a map boss, and I got a Chin Sol Bow.
wasn't a hard boss or a hard map, but yes some risk/reward there since it's a boss and not a barrel.

well I decided to try and 5-link it. yes I know: stupid and greedy.
blew about 40 Jewellers on it. 1 socket. no more Jewellers.
so I did something I don't normally do, out of sheer frustration: traded. an Exalted Orb. for Jewellers.

now just to put you guys into the right perspective what an "Exalted" means to me: I had 3 before this trade took place. that's it. you can start laughing and trolling now, but I'm dead serious.
yes, I had 3 Exalted in Standard, and yes I just traded one to try and fucking 5-link one damned Chin Sol.

8 stacks of 20. need to set aside 70 orbs for Vorici in case RNG screws me.
it did, but not with Jewellers. oh no. it's a far greater b**ch than that.
I 5-socketed it. with orbs to spare over the lower limit of 70. time to get Fusings for the rest.
and only then the bastard struck true: I barely 4-linked it. on my last fucking Fuse.

all in all, that's one Chin Sol, one less Exalt in my inventory which is effectively 1/3 less high orbs, and not even a 5-link.
go ahead. call me "entitled" but damn it, all of this for almost nothing.
and looking at the trade site auction-house, is just adding insult to injury: a 5-socket Chin Sol sells for 4 Chaos Orbs in there.
so screwed, I'm almost crying right now.

look GGG, Vorici is nice and all, but crafting isn't a boolean "roll dice or pay fixed price".
there has to be a middle ground. one that people have been suggesting ever since I first played Path Of Exile. at least.
be it Entropy, consideration of item level, other orbs that guarantee a smaller range of results... you name it, it has been suggested at least once.
please, GGG. I'm just begging you at this point. please, do something. anything. make something that can be called "crafting". something that's there in the middle between "gambling" and "shopping".
With 1 exalt you could probably have bought a 5L chin sol, I dont know why you would have done that if you only have that many exalts. I see a lot of people with buyouts of 1.5 but I am betting someone would accept 1.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info