Increased Flask Effect and Life Flasks

I have the 3 flasks nodes (including Alchemist) taken that increase Flask effects by a total of 30%.

My foremost question is, will that 30% apply to life restored?

I tried testing this out with my

(before I used glassbaubles to raise it to 20% quality)

and the result was I was healed for the same amount as the tooltip, rather than an additional 30% that I expected.

If 'yes', the follow up question being: Does my Flask having the Seething prefix affect the the "increased flask effect" bonus?
Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
Increased Effect doesn't apply to instant recovery; it improves the rate of recovery, which is zero.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Increased Effect doesn't apply to instant recovery; it improves the rate of recovery, which is zero.

Whoa, so "increased flask effect" does not apply to recovery whatsoever?

Tell me you're joking...
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Tell me you're joking...

If what Vipermagi said is true, that means +30% increased flask effect would decrease the time it takes for a life flask to provide its full effect by:
1 / 1.3
= ~23%

So a flask that usually takes 7 seconds to provide its full heal will instead take ~5.38 seconds.
"
SponTen wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Tell me you're joking...

If what Vipermagi said is true, that means +30% increased flask effect would decrease the time it takes for a life flask to provide its full effect by:
1 / 1.3
= ~23%

So a flask that usually takes 7 seconds to provide its full heal will instead take ~5.38 seconds.

Effect =/= speed. That's why I'm asking to make sure he isn't just pulling chains.

The effect of the flask is to recover x life over x seconds, so effect should increase both amount recovered and rate of recovery, if anything.
"
Natharias wrote:
The effect of the flask is to recover x life over x seconds, so effect should increase both amount recovered and rate of recovery, if anything.

I suppose that would be double-dipping, something like having 'enhanced damage over time' bonus which would boost both degen and duration.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Tell me you're joking...

I literally said it improves the rate of recovery. So yes, it does apply to recovery. That is what I said, after all.

If a flask normally recovers 700 Life over 7 seconds, 30% Flask Effect increases that to 910 over 7 seconds. It does not reduce the duration.
If said Flask instead recovers 700 Life flatout, there is no Life/sec rate to improve.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 1, 2014, 10:07:23 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

I suppose that would be double-dipping, something like having 'enhanced damage over time' bonus which would boost both degen and duration.

It wouldn't be. The effect of the flask is to "recover x life over x seconds", so there are two parts.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Tell me you're joking...

I literally said it improves the rate of recovery. So yes, it does apply to recovery. That is what I said, after all.

If a flask normally recovers 700 Life over 7 seconds, 30% Flask Effect increases that to 910 over 7 seconds. It does not reduce the duration.
If said Flask instead recovers 700 Life flatout, there is no Life/sec rate to improve.

Let me quote you on that, which is also quoted in your post:

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Increased Effect doesn't apply to instant recovery

So if a flask has no recovery rate, no flask effect nodes apply to the flask effect whatsoever.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
it improves the rate of recovery, which is zero.

...which is only one part of the flask effect, and I find it hard to believe that GGG would make "effect" apply to flask duration and "flask duration" to apply to flask effect.

"
Vipermagi wrote:

No, you said it has nothing to do with the recovery and applies only to rate of recovery. So let's keep this simple.

If a flask restores x life over x seconds, will it or will it not change the amount of life recovered? Disregard the rate of recovery.

"
Vipermagi wrote:

Has GGG said why flask effect applies to some flasks and idiotically doesn't apply to others?
"
Natharias wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

It wouldn't be. The effect of the flask is to "recover x life over x seconds", so there are two parts.

It's due to the way they chose to define flask stats, it says 'X life over Y seconds', so if you increased both stats by 30%, recovery per second would be increased by 90% or something. They chose to affect recovery rate by 30% directly instead to avoid that, ignoring instant flasks as a collateral.

I guess they should change flask effect to act on amount restored instead, that would fix the problem.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Natharias wrote:
...which is only one part of the flask effect, and I find it hard to believe that GGG would make "effect" apply to flask duration and "flask duration" to apply to flask effect.

Lucky they didn't do that, huh. Where the fuck did this come from anyways.

Increased Effect improves Life/sec, has no impact whatsoever on duration.
Increased Duration improves duration, has no impact whatsoever on Life/sec.

So yes, if a Flask recovers X over Y (or rather, Z per second for Y (but that makes instant flasks confusing)), Increased Effect does apply. Rate of recovery is the effect of a Life Flask.

You've already had this explained before, by Mark.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
For Life and Mana flasks, they have a base amount of life/mana to recover and a duration, which they use to calculate the strength of the flask effect, as a value of life/mana to recover per second.

Read that last bit again. "Flask effect, a value of life recovery per second".
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 1, 2014, 11:14:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info