QUESTION: 6 link Ground Slam / Heavy Strike - 1 handed

Hello!

I have a marauder with 1 handed mace and shield.

Recently I bought a 6 link armour, and right now I am using:

1.Ground Slam (AoE) / Heavy Strike (single target, bosses)
2.Melee Physical Damage
3.Multistrike
4.Faster Attacks
5.Blood Magic

My question is what should I use as 6th support gem? I am using a physical build, I don't like elemental damage. Also I am using Warlord's Mark for the life leech. I run auras on mana, so I have 0~ mana left.

Can Life Leech be considered as a "damage-source" meaning that you "leech" life, for example you leech 100 life, which would mean 100 gain for you and 100 life loss for the enemy monster, is this how it works?

My 6L setup is 5 red and 1 green. Would like to use red support gem.

Edit: maybe Empower? I really don't like the idea of Melee Damage on Full Life gem.
Last edited by M_A_M_M_O_T_H on Oct 31, 2014, 2:53:37 PM
"
M_A_M_M_O_T_H wrote:
Can Life Leech be considered as a "damage-source" meaning that you "leech" life, for example you leech 100 life, which would mean 100 gain for you and 100 life loss for the enemy monster, is this how it works?
No

For Groundslam use Concentrated Effect as 5l as 6l faster attacks, for heavy strike use added fire

and One Handed Weapons are for little girls
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
1.Ground Slam (AoE) / Heavy Strike (single target, bosses)
2.Melee Physical Damage
3.Multistrike
4.Faster Attacks
5.Blood Magic
6.Added Fire Damage

Concentrated effect sucks IMO, it reduces your area too much and you will end cleaning slower and exposing your ass too much
DuMansta nailed it, added fire dmg is best because it scales from physical dmg. It also works with heavy strike (I assume you do gem swaps as you have only one 6-link).

Concentrated effect gives best dps increase but comes with severe area penalty. Some like it though. Doesn't work with HS though.

Melee dmg on full life doesn't really work unless you have good es buffer.
IGN: ManModeMara (gmt +3)
Thank you for all the advice, I chose Added Fire Damage as sixth gem, the dps is good with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info