A trading story...

He might be in a public map party where each of the member only got one chance of portal and he has already paid for it. I still remember last time a newbie buying a 1c thing and scolded me for not instantly trading with him. I ignored him. He is rude and noob.
I think the guy sounds pretty reasonable.

Normally if someone asks price from me when I have a buyout listed, I say "See my shop on the forums for b/o price". But when it comes to mapping/fighting monsters, I have difficulty right clicking on peoples names, it is difficult to do so.

In this sense if I have any doubt you will not pay the listed price/ if you will make me message you to arrange the price more than 3 times Id rather just not deal with you at all. Depending on the situation this means you will either be /ignored, I will use /dnd or I will message you saying "No ty". Given the aforementioned difficulty of whispering people, you will be lucky to get a message back.
Last edited by Metronomy on Oct 31, 2014, 9:37:11 PM
Why should people always leave the map instantly when you want to trade? Especially in high maps i wont get out either i need all the exp i can get. And ill trade when i get out of the map. It aint that strange?
When people wisp me and i am in a map, i just tell them and they have to wait for when i am done or have to go sell my stuff.

Takes like 1 message.

them -"hi i would like to buy x"

me -"sure i am in a map, i will invite you when i am done or selling stuff"

it's like, normal behavior.

I might be a douche about not putting b/o's on items, but i have the courtesy to interact with people in a normal fashion, instead of wasting there time.

I never understood this whole "i ain't got no time for this shit" attitude.

Your playing a video game, say wot now?

Peace,

-boem-

edit : ow yeah OP, if you don't have the patience to wait until somebody else finishes his map or needs to sell gear then that's on you lol. Your in a video-game, if your staring at your screen waiting for the trade you seriously lack creativity.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Oct 31, 2014, 9:47:27 PM
@Metronomy

You do know that you dont have to click to message people?

If they have messaged you already ctrl+enter will message the last person that has messaged you

ctrol+ up or + down will move between the people that you have messaged or have messaged you.

@OP

Maybe you should change the way you contact contact people? "Hello you there" sounds very nagging to me, and personally annoys me too. Is it so hard to just say, hi and if he is online to post your offer on the item? Unless I'm completely not sure what someone might want for their item I almost always just give an offer slightly below what Id be happy to pay for an item. Sometimes it works sometimes we bargain a bit, sometimes it doesn't work.

In the case of a unique is it that hard to see what others are priced at? Its not like uniques have wildly varying prices anyway.

also learn the /whois command and use it. If they are in a map, especially a high level one you can mention it. "Hi, I know you are in a map, but after that can you check x item" etc. People might be more willing to take the time to trade with you and come out of their map if you are polite. If you treat them like an ATM or a Snack machine where you press buttons and stuff comes out then Im not surprised that things aren't going that well for you.

[Post Edited by Support]
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Oct 31, 2014, 11:39:11 PM
"
andkamen wrote:
@Metronomy

If they have messaged you already ctrl+enter will message the last person that has messaged you

ctrol+ up or + down will move between the people that you have messaged or have messaged you.
No I did not know this
"
andkamen wrote:
@Metronomy

@OP

Maybe you should change the way you contact contact people? "Hello you there" sounds very nagging to me, and personally annoys me too. Is it so hard to just say, hi and if he is online to post your offer on the item? Unless I'm completely not sure what someone might want for their item I almost always just give an offer slightly below what Id be happy to pay for an item. Sometimes it works sometimes we bargain a bit, sometimes it doesn't work.

In the case of a unique is it that hard to see what others are priced at? Its not like uniques have wildly varying prices anyway.

also learn the /whois command and use it. If they are in a map, especially a high level one you can mention it. "Hi, I know you are in a map, but after that can you check x item" etc. People might be more willing to take the time to trade with you and come out of their map if you are polite. If you treat them like an ATM or a Snack machine where you press buttons and stuff comes out then Im not surprised that things aren't going that well for you.

[Post Edited by Support]

When you go to the shop, to shop something, the shopkeeper, doesnt tell you to come back in 2 hours, because he is fapping on spice platinum right?
That is the usual customer care.
Other thing is ,that here ,,shop,, is used the wrong way.
The person that is puting - a shop must be there to service his goods, otherwise he is wasting both persons time
and nervs.

Treating them as vendoring machine?
You REALISE ,that they are selling and they need the cash do you?

Have you ever heard the phrase THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT?
It is there for centuries ,for a reason.

And else>> Hello, you there? is perfectly fine.

[Post Edited by Support]

Actually I did read every comment and every post, I find people with your I want it now mentality to be indicative of the downward spiral our society has begun. Did I troll, yes because I can not imagine anyone being that self absorbed that they feel their time is so important another person playing a video game has to stop their personal enjoyment in order to accommodate yours.

When I am not mapping I am more than happy to trade, even swap to characters in other leagues to trade. For a large enough trade I will even stop my map to swap to another league. I will not leave my map for someone trying to lowball me, or someone who is impatient or for a trade that is not even equal to the alt shards I will pull form the next 3 minutes of my map run.

Me: Hi i saw you have this ring on sale , how much is it siR?

Seller: Offer?

Me: 5c? (i check on poe trade for similars items to have an idea )

Seller: Nty bye

or

Seller: Too low its 3 exalteds

I mean wtf? i dont know why ppl ask for an " offer " thinking that the buyer gonna do an overpriced offer and rip them off

Sellers GIVE THE PRICE FIRST!
Last edited by DuMansta on Oct 31, 2014, 11:07:52 PM
also, they are characters, not toons. Right there you lose any credibility.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info