Question about Marylene's Fallacy Ammy

Here is the unique in question: Marylene's Fallacy

Key features:
-75% non-crit DPS
-60% critical chance
+160% critical multiplier

I am leveling a build the focuses only on crit: max crit and crit multi using a spell.

Here are the numbers(with passives, gems, gear and power charges):
5% crit spell:
Crit: 68%
Multi: 524%

Crit factor: 3.87

Stats with Marylene's Fallacy:
Crit: 27.1%
Multi: 764%

Crit factor: 2.25

So if you talk about average DPS, we are losing a lot of DPS. To be specific we lose ~70% on average.

So this amulet gives us:
Non-crits that deal NO damage
Crits that deal spiky damage that can kill us on non VP builds

What do you guys think about the ammy? Has anyone managed to put it to use with great success?
Last edited by nebunelux on Oct 31, 2014, 9:27:36 AM
Puncture might benefit as high crit multiplier is more important than crit chance since the highest DoT is always used IRC.
I don't know of a build that would ever use this amulet. You give up too much to get some extra damage when you crit. If it only had one of the negatives, I could see it being used, but not both. Who wants to give up 75% of their non crit damage and at the same time give up 60% of their crit chance?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
I don't know of a build that would ever use this amulet.

I had a crit puncture splasher once, that one would want to use it, it didn't need to hit hard and often, it just needed to hit hard. Maybe some ignite builds too, ones not using flameblast.

It doesn't help that other mods on the item are trash. Beats me what were they thinking with that evasion and light radius, as if the item needed more drawbacks.

Maybe I could recreate that build one of these days, especially now that I finally managed to chance Bino. It was fun.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 31, 2014, 10:11:33 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
I don't know of a build that would ever use this amulet. You give up too much to get some extra damage when you crit. If it only had one of the negatives, I could see it being used, but not both. Who wants to give up 75% of their non crit damage and at the same time give up 60% of their crit chance?

maybe some weird puncture/chance to flee build. 75% less non ctit damage could make flee work, puncture/flee combo is useless (especially as melee) under normal circumstances because flee is being constantly interrupted by stuns
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 31, 2014, 9:58:25 AM
I tried using it on an old Viper Strike/adder's Touch build since the "less non-crit damage" mod doesn't affect dots, but now that viper strike scales with on hit damage that idea is dead.

Btw, didn't someone datamine a second "Marylene" unique some time ago? A sword iirc?
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
Mokihiki wrote:
I tried using it on an old Viper Strike/adder's Touch build since the "less non-crit damage" mod doesn't affect dots, but now that viper strike scales with on hit damage that idea is dead.

Btw, didn't someone datamine a second "Marylene" unique some time ago? A sword iirc?

Yeah, or an axe? Was supposed to be some kind of guaranteed crit thing but it got stuck in balancing hell. That's what rumor has at least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info