First three things devs would change if they played the game for a single day?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
1) Partying mechanics that make the game too easy for parties.

2) Dynamics of the game that make too large a difference between "good enough" and "way too powerful".

3) Adding more "solutions" to challenges that characters face, rather than simply removing the challenge.

Full agreement with 1. Too many benefits for parties like master chaining ;(
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

see d3 greater rifting for proper end game if you need a cue.

A proper d3 supporter can sure point to a lot of things in the argument that it is a superior or more fun game than PoE. You might be the first person I have seen who thinks that greater rifts are an adequate end game though.

Like what? Net code? Thats about all I can think of other than better end D3 has on PoE. Surely you don't mean BoA and no trading and like 2 builds per class worth playing. Game is still bad but I give credit where credit is due.. End game and no desync...
Git R Dun!
"
Orkurius wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

2) Dynamics of the game that make too large a difference between "good enough" and "way too powerful".

3) Adding more "solutions" to challenges that characters face, rather than simply removing the challenge.

They probably saw the utter crap that was splt farming in D3.

Party split farming faceroll content?
Completely shitting on solo play?

Fuck, why are we not doing that? In fact, lets make it a 'challenge' and give prizes for it.
Casually casual.

Hey guys, we appreciate your feedback on this, regarding these game mechanics, but its best to keep discussion civil, and on-topic. Thanks.
No longer works at GGG
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Orkurius wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

They probably saw the utter crap that was splt farming in D3.

Party split farming faceroll content?
Completely shitting on solo play?

Fuck, why are we not doing that? In fact, lets make it a 'challenge' and give prizes for it.

Agreed. Screw working together as a team to accomplish a common goal!!
"
majesw wrote:
Interesting... Most people in the D3 forums view greater rifts as a huge failure.
They cite the following...
-no loot
-rankings based on rift RNG (getting conduit pylon)
-terrible one-shot mechanics
-only 1-2 builds per class can progress to high rifts
-other things I don't remember

-Make toughness irrelevant.
-A1 zombie rift=easy, A4/5 charger rift=impossible.
-Some maps with a ton of dead ends.
-Your chance of success is a matter of luck choosing the right direction to next floor.
-Not 1-2 but only 1 viable build no matter how good they balance.
-Devs don't fix stuff while the season is running because it perverts ladders.
They would make it uneccessary to switch out masters when they are all level 8 just to do the daily. How absurd is that.

Also, this needs to be said every day until GGG get it:

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I'd like them, ultimately (as fixing seems to never happen) to develop future content for PoE that is suited to the engine, netcode, optimisation and lolprediction rather than for how they dream it is.
They would make it uneccessary to switch out masters when they are all level 8 just to do the daily. How absurd is that.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I'd like them, ultimately (as fixing seems to never happen) to develop future content for PoE that is suited to the engine, netcode, optimisation and lolprediction rather than for how they dream it is.
"
BARL wrote:

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Problem is, if they do that, the most they could hope for, would be to have people play a game of tic-tac-toe. As anything more causes heavy desync and dropped frames.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Orkurius wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
1) Partying mechanics that make the game too easy for parties...

Masters chaining is the only time I've partied and had fun. They are very cooperative. So that is a good aspect of the game.
That said, I agree with Shaggy: Top MF, shared auras, non-linear monster life per player all serve to make parties soooo much easier than solo play. That is silly, in my eyes, especially given the abysmal performace of the game.
May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info