corrupted unidentified unique map

Okay so what I did was I had this map http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Coward%27s_Trial without any other mods, just as its shown in the picture, and I used a vaal orb on it.... I got a map that couldnt be identified, looked up things about it, apparently it should have the same mods (cowards trial) just with more stuff. What I wanted to know is if its possible at all to prove in trades its original mod set so I could sell it? and if not is there still any value to selling it or should I keep rolling? because I dont know if my character could handle this map and i kinda want to cash in.

Generally advice from this point please :)
As far as I know, there's no way of "recovering" proof of what the original item was. That said, it'll show as an unidentified unique Crypt Map, which is quickly identifiable to most players.

In the future, keep in mind that there is not a real reason to Vaal unique maps. Usually, unid'd maps receive a +30% quantity bonus, but this does not apply to unique maps. Thus, the primary "good" result is not actually profitable.

The Coward's Trial is a lot of fun. I'd hang onto it and run it later, or get a few friends to come along, in lieu of selling it.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
"
As far as I know, there's no way of "recovering" proof of what the original item was. That said, it'll show as an unidentified unique Crypt Map, which is quickly identifiable to most players.

In the future, keep in mind that there is not a real reason to Vaal unique maps. Usually, unid'd maps receive a +30% quantity bonus, but this does not apply to unique maps. Thus, the primary "good" result is not actually profitable.

The Coward's Trial is a lot of fun. I'd hang onto it and run it later, or get a few friends to come along, in lieu of selling it.

Okay thanks for the advice, maybe I will hold onto it for now. Still good to know selling it is viable seeing as people can just know... Is there only one unique map for crypt? Also out of curiosity what would you say its worth?
"
tribalgun wrote:
Okay thanks for the advice, maybe I will hold onto it for now. Still good to know selling it is viable seeing as people can just know... Is there only one unique map for crypt? Also out of curiosity what would you say its worth?

Yes. At present, no unique maps share a base.

As far as pricing goes, the best source for a check on most items is poe.trade. Price will vary by league for almost everything. Last I checked, Trial goes for 6-8c, but that was a few weeks ago in Rampage.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
It's worth a few chaos orbs if you want to sell it but personally i'd recommend running it yourself. The map isn't too hard, gives a guaranteed unique at the end and tons of xp and gem xp for a 66 map. Around level 65 you will probably get ~1 level up from it (i got 94% xp in my last run at lvl 66). Just make sure that you have decent aoe clearspeed or go in with a few friends ;)
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
I don't think there is ever a good reason to corrupt a unique map. You'll never improve it or add mods to it and you have a pretty good chance to make it rare. I tried it back in Ambush before I knew this:

Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Okay thanks guys ill definitely be running it then

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info