So that's how GGG does it?

So there was this thread of a guy saying he is RMTing and waiting for GGG to take action and ban him.

[Removed by Support]

But yeah I already knew GGG doesn't ban RMTers even if they admit it ingame or as we can see now, in forums. But I think 95% of the people here believe GGG is actively fighting RMTers. That's wrong, sadly.
Last edited by Support on Oct 30, 2014, 6:32:48 PM
they still need to actually verify hes rmting and not just saying it.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Im considering a little gambling ring where I take bets on how fast threads will get closed, maybe using exalt orbs?

I think im onto something big here.

Ill give this one 17 minutes tops.

Could even do double or nothing if the person calling out GGG gets probation afterwards.
"just for try, for see and for know"
We're unable to comment on specific accounts and actions that have been taken, however, I thought this might be a good time to point out that we are able to silently ban accounts and we do this with some frequency.

What I mean by this is that often we will lock an account in lieu of banning it. This means that nothing will appear externally on the account to indicate that it has been closed. This only appears for the player. This means that not all accounts that have been banned will show as 'Banned' on the forums.

I assure you that we take all reports of this nature very seriously and we investigate each one as thoroughly as we can. Please don't be disheartened :)
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We're unable to comment on specific accounts and actions that have been taken, however, I thought this might be a good time to point out that we are able to silently ban accounts and we do this with some frequency.

What I mean by this is that often we will lock an account in lieu of banning it. This means that nothing will appear externally on the account to indicate that it has been closed. This only appears for the player. This means that not all accounts that have been banned will show as 'Banned' on the forums.

I must say I don't quite see the point in this.
"
Jojas wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

I must say I don't quite see the point in this.

Well I mean it lets you lie about all the people you arent banning, so theres that.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Openly announce every account and player you ban.

Make a banlist!

Also revive the forum that contained names of known scammers / RMTers. That WAS a thing back in the days. You were only allowed to name people in that particular forum. And that was a good thing!

And I do not believe a word of that, Bex. From my experience I can say that nobody who RMTs is in real danger of a ban. Because hey, I see those guys who openly do it everyday. They are living proof of your system failing.

Especially when I look at pvp. you want to make it a big thing? You want to make a patch focused mostly on pvp? Let me tell you this: Nobody is going to enjoy fighting a credit card. And that's what pvp will be about ... it is already at that point tbh.
Last edited by Xantaria on Oct 30, 2014, 7:56:27 PM
Post this was referring to got removed:

You are getting it wrong.

He didn't say: guy X is RMTing.

He said: I am RMTing.

At that point it's 100% legitimate to BAN this person.
You say something like that when you KNOW you could be banned for it, it would be no surprise.

Although he just did it to see if there would even be any reaction from GGG. Well there was one, they removed his post heyyyy, and even removed my google cache link that linked to it heyyy

Last edited by Xantaria on Oct 30, 2014, 8:10:33 PM
First rule of RMT club; don't talk about RMT club.
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

I assure you that we take all reports of this nature very seriously and we investigate each one as thoroughly as we can. Please don't be disheartened :)

Well, if you show the accounts as "banned" maybe ppl will try and avoid that tag. Heck, even slapping public "temp-lock" could avoid such things.

But no....we don't want to shame or blame anyone...even if they are known scammers or hackers.
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info