Showing ONLY good drops

Hi,

The options show that you can either click "Highlight All Items" or turn it off and manually show items by pressing ALT.

The thing is... 99% of items that drop are junk and take up valuable screen space and it detracts from the game.

It would be so much better if you could choose what get's highlighted when dropped. The only items people care about (post level 60ish) are:

Uniques
Rares
6 sockets
5links
Gems
Orbs
Portals/Scrolls

Can we turn off everything else so I can actually see my screen and not walls of text??
Last edited by brunowa on Oct 30, 2014, 5:50:12 PM
It would be nice if we had a customisable filter, cause everyone probably wants something different.

I would also add chromable items and maps
I would like the Option tho Change the colour for Drops...

Currency = bright red 5/6L = Bright Green or something like that...

Would be a really big QoL improvement!
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Stop trying to turn this game into Path of the Casual. Next thing you'll be asking for a currency magnet that autoloots it for you just like in Diablow 3.

Newsflash folks: this is a hardcore game where even looting takes skill. If you lack pick-up skills you deserve no loot. Period.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
Stop trying to turn this game into Path of the Casual. Next thing you'll be asking for a currency magnet that autoloots it for you just like in Diablow 3.

Newsflash folks: this is a hardcore game where even looting takes skill. If you lack pick-up skills you deserve no loot. Period.

I hope you are joking because that is one of the most stupid things I've ever read.
Your narrommindedness make me rofl Holocaustus.
Im not a hardcore player and play casually.
Am i therefor not welcome to play this game? (dont answer)

I like this game for it's complexity in mechanisms and the countless build possibilities.
The constant item-scanning aspect, in fear of letting something good behind, is not very appealing to me.

I do agree with what is requested and know that there are hacks out there that exactly do what's requested here.

If GGG doesnt deliver, the community will, through hacks (be they legal like Procurement or illegal)
D2 was actually more fun with zpickit. I have to admit. I just used it to change the colours of drops to my liking and also to highlight exacly the loot i wanted to see and hide everything else. I had the auto pick option disabled.

Just wanted to add that here because i feel it is relevant to the discussion. It's sad that we cannot change this ourselves. Maybe one day. I hope.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 31, 2014, 11:06:31 AM
"
holocaustus wrote:

I LOL'ed!

The looting meta game is DEAD my friend. There is no point to any of its old outdated mechanics anymore, everyone plays the PERM allocation now so allowing others to even see what drops for you is nothing but a nuisance. Deciding what to pick up should be fully automated, if you can make a preference list of what you want to see, why stop there? Why bother forcing player to click and pick it up even? (I'm dead serious) And why limit it to your characters carry storage? yet another relic from the old meta-game. All items/things you want that drop should just go directly in your stash, and your full stash should be accessible everywhere. And if we are really talking about QOL (and no 'pay to win' for people who can afford to buy more tabs) you should also get temporary tabs if your stash is full so you can sort items out later and never worry about flipping an item.
"
holocaustus wrote:

its a fucking point and click game dude.

Clickerheroes needs more skill than this game.

Sayin you are 'skilled' in poe is like saying 'I boil very good eggs'.
"
Ael00 wrote:

its a fucking point and click game dude.

I play "point and click" chess too, not sure the interface has much to do with it.

"
Ael00 wrote:

Clickerheroes needs more skill than this game.

Just because you can get by without using any skill or your brain, does not mean that nobody has any skills. I'll agree the game is getting dumbed down little by little as time passes though.

"
Ael00 wrote:
Sayin you are 'skilled' in poe is like saying 'I boil very good eggs'.

Says the guy who only has SC characters?

Not trying to be a jerk here and nothing personal against the SC leagues, but you are riding a bike with training wheels while saying you don’t fall over. No kiddin! Even the HC challenge leagues where you lose everything when you die are desigened to be extra difficult, remember "Invasion" anyone? Even beyond was extra challenging at first before people developed tactics to deal with them. Having some 'skill' help's plenty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info