Cast when damage taken for spells

So for endgame i am planning on using cast when damage taken with frost nova and cold snap. The problem is that if i keep CWDT to low the spells wont be able to freeze.

Yet if i have CWDT to high it wont proc enough(atleast that is what i think) But my question what is a comfortable level to keep CWDT at so in end game maps it casts often enough and freezes the enemies.
I don't know much about using cold spell with CWDT but I was using molten shell with high level CWDT. my build was molten strike with doryani's catalyst and because I was taking damage all the time, the molten shell procced about every 10-15 seconds, so basically all the time.

If you think you won't take as much damage in short time (or if you are purely evasion), you can start by cradually increasing the level of CWDT. for example start at level 10 gem and if you think the damage is too low, increase the level a bit.

I hope someone else who has more knowledge than me can help you more.
"
PoX_89 wrote:
I don't know much about using cold spell with CWDT but I was using molten shell with high level CWDT. my build was molten strike with doryani's catalyst and because I was taking damage all the time, the molten shell procced about every 10-15 seconds, so basically all the time.

If you think you won't take as much damage in short time (or if you are purely evasion), you can start by cradually increasing the level of CWDT. for example start at level 10 gem and if you think the damage is too low, increase the level a bit.

I hope someone else who has more knowledge than me can help you more.

exactly what level was your cwrd? otherwise thanks for the info. and im an aegis aurora max block/spell block build

level 19 gems apparently. I played that char in ambush so it's been a while.
What's your gear/tree look like?

Depending on your life total/gear you may want to consider using cast when stunned, which doesn't have any penalties to spell damage, or requirements, on the spell level. With it you can level everything without any problems, and get better freezes. This obviously doesn't work if you have unwavering stance, or other things that mitigate stun a lot.
Alternatively, you could try low lvl cwdt + EK + 20/20 added cold + elemental prof.
Which is going to accomplish terribly little? Not only is your Cold Damage on the low end, the low level CwDT also imposes a massive Damage penalty. It might Chill some enemies, but don't count on Freezing anything.

EK + Added Cold might be decent on a leveled CwDT if you happen to be using Hatred, but even then, Cold Snap + Added Cold is going to do it better. *shrug*
Regardless of whether you use CWDT or CWS, Shackles of the Wretched is a must-have. You also must use something like Ethereal Knives or Glacial Cascade. You'll also want at least one Cybil's Paw, if not two from how many spells you'll be casting.

If you use CWDT, gems must be low level so that you proc often and you only want cast speed. EK will have plenty of damage from levels, and from projectiles.

If you use CWS, you'll want to try a CI or low-life build so that you don't stack life, but this removes the bonus of Cybil's Paw life on spell hit. It also limits ES leech unless you use GR and VP, but then this requires the Life Leech support for spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info