[HC Selffound] How do I continue my passive tree? (HoT Tendrils)

After a longer break from PoE I have come back to start my first HC character. I enjoy selffound play and creating my own builds so that is what I did with this Templar. Since this is my first HC character I did not really expect to come very far. I am now at the docks in cruel with this passive tree.

I am using Eldritch battery to be able to use arctic armour on top of all the health I could grab. I got static blows which surprisingly seems to be enough for now to shock all blue and white mobs and most rare packs to keep my damage up and Herald of Thunder going.

The question now is what to get?

I will probably complete the Scion life wheel next tp end up at +148% max life but then I am kind of unsure. There is a lot of damage still up for grabs towards the witch starting area with Elemental Dominion, Lightning Walker and all the cast speed which would be very nice I think. Breath of Lightning would give more shock chance especially for higher life mobs. Currently I am above 2k dps with tendrils using conc effect, increased aoe and spell echo.

Another option would be to spec into block chance. there are quite a few block clusters close by. But I have no idea if dipping a bit into block chance is worth it. In total that could get my up to +35% block chance and +10% spell block. Of course as a selffound character I cannot plan on getting any of the uniques that would be great for getting max block and spell block. So is getting this amount of block chance with a solid rare shield worth it as another layer of defence?

Maybe there is anything else I missed?

I wil probably RIP soon anyways so take of all this planning what you will but some help from someone who has more experience would be appriciated because I have enjoyed this character a lot so far and hope to continue my adventures into merciless!

I'm actually playing something similar, but going crit (basically a tankier version of Mathil's Crit Ball Call - now in Merciless in Beyond). The only problem with it is that it kills so effectively that I'm constantly raising beyond mobs. Reflect is a bit scary, but I've got a pretty good life-pool at this point that flasks, paying attention and my Cloak of Defiance (lucky drop) seem to work.

As self-found, I probably wouldn't bother with block unless a Rathpith drops, then it would be worth re-speccing. I would grab the AoE nodes in the witch area and the life/mana in witch (Heart and Soul cluster). With all the AoE, you could probably slap a conc effect on your tendrils for a fairly effective single target.

I'm assuming that you don't want to go crit., so the more shocks you can generate the better, so think about ball lightning (maybe a curse on hit - a leveled curse on hit increases the curse effectiveness. Don't need an echo on ball - faster casting is more than enough). And then head up to the lightning damage nodes at the top of the witch tree (going for the shock, rather than damage).

If you're still alive at that point, head over to the cast-speed nodes (Nimbleness)on the way to the Written in Blood life cluster towards shadow. And you may need that second 30 dex node, depending on gear. Only then would I head through the starting witch nodes for more damage and cast speed.

Here's the tree that I would do. There's a bit of min/maxing of your basic tree, but otherwise just adding to it. (over by the left life cluster - taking the interior path so you can grab Elementalist, and a very late change you can make/ignore when going for the last witch nodes to save a point)

Oh, and if you have/find one, and have the mana, throw a herald of ice on too. It's kind of awesome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info