Ways to improve Endless Ledge

Since we have a lot of EL this season and the race has potential. Maybe we can share some ideas on things that might massively improve its experience.

-Slight increase to life flask drop rate

It's the worst when you are still level 15+ with small life flasks or even higher with small / medium life flasks. This really puts a penalty on how much damage you can take and heal up.

-Add Molten Strike

Melee really needs something right now, casters are really a breeze in comparison in every way possible. Kill speed, gear required, efficient gem combinations. Attackers in most cases are much higher demanding to gear for this race and need a bit of help I feel.

2Hand melee builds would love this. It owns rares and magics. Double strike is really dangerous due to the lock in place and it falls short in comparison.

-No Sceptre of God monster spawns til level 12+ areas

Can't use res rings until level 11 and you wont see them drop until the level 10+ areas. Some caster monsters are extremely tough to deal with early on and you can open to just getting one shot or frozen and die. Depending on your character and build, some combinations you aren't even able to deal with. You have to risk running past or just die a lot of the time.

Anyone else got any ideas or want to share how they feel on this?
Last edited by terrex on Oct 30, 2014, 2:04:35 PM
Who doesn't love frogs :O jumping on you dealing a ridiculous amount of damage as it is.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Who doesn't love frogs :O jumping on you dealing a ridiculous amount of damage as it is.

Lmp frog is just like... /kill *yourname
Combined with spitting birds of course
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
There was a patch a while back where Devourers no longer spawn in large packs until zones are so high of a level. Unfortunately that patch was not applied to Endless Ledge. So they could apply the same rules to Devourer generation to Endless Ledge as in the regular game.
"

It's the worst when you are still level 15+ with small life flasks or even higher with small / medium life flasks. This really puts a penalty on how much damage you can take and heal up.

Agree, yesterday I was running with small life flasks up to lvl 16, fortunately had ez zones

Don't really know about melee and bow builds, never played them. But yeah, they probably need some sort of buffs, it's not even funny when in top 20 theres only 1 non-caster class

"

tbh I prefer jstq's suggestion:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/950833/page/1#p8071544
CET Timezone
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
There was a patch a while back where Devourers no longer spawn in large packs until zones are so high of a level. Unfortunately that patch was not applied to Endless Ledge. So they could apply the same rules to Devourer generation to Endless Ledge as in the regular game.

i think the change was the only place they can spawn in large packs was maps. perhaps that was overlooked in EL or else it's considered a special instance of a map?

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
Sivluu wrote:
"

Agree, yesterday I was running with small life flasks up to lvl 16, fortunately had ez zones

Don't really know about melee and bow builds, never played them. But yeah, they probably need some sort of buffs, it's not even funny when in top 20 theres only 1 non-caster class

"

tbh I prefer jstq's suggestion:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/950833/page/1#p8071544

Thanks for posting and linking this, appreciate all the collective feedback and feels on EL.
Upgrade the provisions chest to contain the following:

- One of each starter 2h weapon
- Two of each starter 1h weapon
- One of each starter quiver
- One of each lvl 1-4 active skill
- One medium life and one medium mana flask

Id have added basic stat amulets a year ago but the tree is fairly solid for grabbing early off-class stats now.

Otherwise i think EL is fine for what it is and that the extreme randomness that pisses so many racers off is sort of the point. Instead of turning the format into a standard or descent type race on a ledge template, a better solution would be to have a more varied overall selection of races in the first place so that ELs dont comprise 1/3 of the season.
IGN: KoTao
I actually like EL the way it is. I find the normal descent race and EL to be the most interesting race types to be honest. Descent is probably the most technical race and requiring the most knowledge of the game.

EL is the most exciting and diverse race type, certainly the most reactive in terms of strategy. Each zone requires different pacing (should you fast clear, slow clear to be more safe due to monster spawns/pots, etc), different strategy, possibly different item set ups. Vanilla races (including turbo) become stagnant because you know what to expect each zone, what pace you should be clearing etc, it doesn’t force you to deviate from your strategy or challenge your current frame of thinking, at least to the extent EL does.

The change I would make is to the initial provisions:
-add 1 medium pot for life and mana at the beginning
-add starting 2 handed weapons/offensive off hand items (quivers)
-add to the gem pool
-2 boxes separating gems from items

*one of the craziest advantages and RNG factors that effects race results are quicksilvers (2nd quicksilver or even 3rd). I would entertain the notion that with the exception of the initial quicksilver flask, no others can drop, OR provide 2 from the beginning (I think limiting to 1 would be more ideal for what this race type tries to accomplish). I am not sure I like this suggestion because I like the completely random nature of the race but I wouldn’t be opposed to testing it out.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Oct 31, 2014, 12:06:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info