Massive fps drops in group of 6...

I play with a solid 80-120 fps at all times depending on the area, 60 when im casting lightning strike and alot of units in front of me, 40 at the lowest in some areas with alot of rain and stuff (Docks). Just wondering what the deal is here. My fps will drop to 10-15 in some cases when all 6 party members are casting visually intense spells. (spells include Any Lightning Spell, AOE Fire spells, And POISON ARROW - the worst) Then right back up to 30-50 when we are on the move.

Textures on high, everything else off including shadows.

Windows 8 64bit
A6-4400m 2.7GHZ (up to 3.2ghz) dual core
7520G 512MB + 7470M 1GB Dual graphics.
6GB 800 MHz RAM

Not the best computer but on a game like this i expect at least a stable 30fps while i play. I have never had issues in any other game until now. I love this game very much but i will not be able to play for much longer if this continues. I play hardcore mode so in higher difficulties dropping below 20 fps is unacceptable. Please, if anyone from GGG knows of a fix, or if any players have noticed this as well, please give me your input. There is no way this game is so taxing on a system like this.

I would really like a post from GGG or a player who knows somewhat alot about this kind of stuff, to either tell me im out of luck, or if this is a known issue of optimization for spell effects... It is literally only in groups of 4 or more spamming certain spells.
your computer is trash lol. have you tried vsync thou? poe doesnt limit frames with it off causing max load on your gpu etc or sometning. I have a evga 660 ti 3gb SC and its always at max boost clock playing the game. seriously thou I think the issue here majnly is your processor and gpu.. like its 2013 ditch the dual core... haha

btw its beta I dont think the game is fully optimized yet.. I have a ssd 3.2ghz 8 core 16gbs of performance ram and the 660 and I still definetly get fps drops in partys.

ever try a artic breath lmp faster casting totem? thats lag city for any pc
Last edited by mizukoes on Feb 6, 2013, 6:49:53 PM
I know the processor isnt that great. But this isnt the type of game that needs a quad core to play. I play starcraft 2 on high settings with 0 issues and that is a very cpu intensive game.

And my gpu has 1.5gb of dedicated memory which is more then enough to run almost any game out right now, I dont understand why i lag so bad in this game. And it's only certain spells like i said.
blizzard games are highly optimized to be played on most pcs so everyone can play and they can make more money. im positive por is demanding. I run max settings with vsync off on my pc and I get 80-120 frames. i wont even play with a summoner or lightning strike or lmp fireball totem character etc cause I dont like my frames dropping. its just not optimized I think
"
blizzard games are highly optimized to be played on most pcs so everyone can play and they can make more money. im positive por is demanding. I run max settings with vsync off on my pc and I get 80-120 frames. i wont even play with a summoner or lightning strike or lmp fireball totem character etc cause I dont like my frames dropping. its just not optimized I think

Well thanks for replying, It does seem like its an optimization issue. I know my comp isnt meant for hardcore gaming but i expect to play a game like this when my graphics / shadows are OFF. Hopefully this gets fixed in the future, I just wont play in groups until then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info