What two Skill Gems would you combine?

If there was a way to combine two active skill gems into one ability, what two skills would you combine?

I would combine Molten Strike and Whirling Blades.

Design option ramblings

There are a lot of ways this feature could be implemented.

Currency (similar to Vaal Orbs) which then tags the created Gem (similar to corrupted tag)

Support Gem

Unique item with innate ability

I think the best way to balance it would be to have the effects be unpredictable, similar to using a Vaal Orb. Possible options for my example could be whirling blades skill with magma balls flying off (what I envisioned), but other options could include the base Molten Strike hit (fire conversion) which throws me through the mobs, or Whirling Blade using the MS base hit. Or, it could be the MS base hit with the Whirling Blades reduced damage and limit to "can't hit the same monster more than once with each skill use".

Currency
This would also create a use for all the Skill gems that people collect to try and craft a good one to sell. An extra feature could be similar to Vaal vendor recipe too where you trade in X Merged gems for 1 of the currency. Better than scroll fragments.
Last edited by Sly_Joker on Oct 31, 2014, 12:43:17 AM
Summon zombie + Flicker Strike ...gimme gimme
[Beyond] Hajhji/MahouShoujo_Madoka
Tornado shot and lightning trap. The trap to trigger at the point each projectile explodes.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Portal + GMP

Seriously : Flame Surge + Ice nova (produced at the target)
"
Nithon wrote:

This post gave me a brilliant idea! How about a unique item that has "Your zombies gains the socketed gems". Then you could have Flicker Strike in that item supported by Multistrike and some other sexy supports... Pure awesomeness!
"
Epicbo wrote:
"
Nithon wrote:

This post gave me a brilliant idea! How about a unique item that has "Your zombies gains the socketed gems". Then you could have Flicker Strike in that item supported by Multistrike and some other sexy supports... Pure awesomeness!

more OP summoners.
Shield charge + arc mechanics.
That would actually be a nice idea for a support gem. Although pretty hard to balance I think.

I'd combine Spark and Ice Spear.
RoA + Flameblast ...psh
And so forth comes the Rapture, and on that day, the Diablo franchise was saved. And to our saviour,
Brotherlaz, we REJOICE!
Fireball with Infernal blow at detonation :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info