Level 79 [96points]Standard Player Seeks Guidance

With the new changes to this most current patch I no longer know which nodes are worth taking vs not taking.

My previous build was infernal blow/w splash for aoe, and heavystrike for single target.
I attempted to emulate the previous build with this current tree (previous was similar to ziggyds infernal blow, but a bit more tanky over all) I found that I am no longer packing enough punch to destroy packs of white mobs with 1 click of multistrike, it takes me 2-3 now on a level 66 map. Used to be able to leap in, and explode packs very easily.

I was wondering if anyone has a very well working build for a 2hand mace infernal blow OR an alternative for my current gear.
Previous dps was easily 13k on infernal blow and about 17k on heavystrike.

Gear:
Spoiler

Test build on lv 70 testing mara:

Gem links included in gear are the same as what was ran in previous league.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to get back into grinding 69maps and above with ease.
Zelithus (Standard)
Fist thing you can do is level your Haku/Elreon to Lvl 6.
Then you can craft sexy resists or other stuff on your gear (there's a lot of open suffixes).

And you probably should buy a better mace.

In your tree, I'd suggest removing "Revelry" and "Lust for Carnage".
You already have more than enough life and mana leech.

The 7 skillpoints and the ones that follow can be invested in "Baptism by Light" (Life+Damage for Maces, left of Templar), "Wrecking ball" (right of iron reflexes, lots of DpS), "Constituion" and "Berserking" (below Scion).

You could work on a tree like this.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 30, 2014, 4:50:25 AM
Looks like I forgot the after patch dps. Using my trial marauder with the exact gear Ive posted, My top damage output was ~7k with heavy strike and ~5k with infernal blow. Pretty much, easily, half my damage evaporated as well as a lot of my sustainability. I was also not able to effectively run my dual auras with my 5linked abilities like I was prepatch.

I ran a level 66 map, Tropical Islands, with a set of mods I was easily able to faceroll previously, inside the map was a armorer master mission, I did not have enough life leech or damage to not be killed by the boss at the end of the mission before it killed me.

Does armor provide a stronger benefit than it did previously compared to health at ~80+?
Or does health still trump armor?

Does melee attack speed trump damage nodes now?

Is anyone even running 70-80[and beyond] 2hand infernal blow effectively right now?
If you are, could you share your gear and skill tree as it is?
Zelithus (Standard)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info