So the games...ok..but..

I actually learned of this game on the Diablo 3 forums and I've been having ok time with playing a minion master with Skeletons and Zombies but there needs some small things added to just take out the frustrations Right now, I only have 'two' skill refunds. The game is ok but I'm finding several problems that bother me.

One is there is no way to reset or try to redo missions if you fail. There should be a way to re-attempt.

Two: The map is at most often times next to useless as it's just a roadmap and doesn't really tell you where to go for quest locations. If you use a town portal you have to walk all the way back to where you were or use a way point and walk from there.

Three. let it be easier to reset skills so don't have to play a entire brand new character each time.

Four. Inventory space..it vastly needs improvement....I maybe kill 4-5 creatures then I'm full up and I can't go back to town because of the problems listed above. I leave so much stuff laying around it's not even funny. Make it so either it's easier to travel to sell items or just add more inventory space.

Five make items..Better. usually if there are tons of white items, there is a way to take those items to sell them for monetary value to be used later. But thanks for #four. there is now way to use all those white item.

Six. Make it easier to stack items. and improve the interface. An idea is to simply open your stash right click an item in your inventory and it goes to the stack already in your stash. Right now I have to click and drag everything I want to move around.

There is no reason to have all these annoyances in the game. It makes the beginning of the game just frustrating. A few simple additions could be made to help to ease the frustration because a challenging game is one thing a frustrating game...
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
For 6. you can ctrl+click instead of drag and drop.

For the other 5 points, you should probably go back to that other game that caters towards babies.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Oct 29, 2014, 9:14:44 PM
If you already have that many complaints youre in for a rude awakening..
"just for try, for see and for know"
1. I dunno what you're talking about, master missions? Not a big deal if you fail those. Just move on. If you're talking about quests, well...you can't really fail those.

2. Um, just play the game and you'll solve the quests, it's not rocket science. This isn't Skyrim where you have a quest marker holding your hand the entire way. It's pretty straight forward and quest items are on the map sometimes.

3. If you do all of the quests in an Act you should get 6 skill respec points, so over three acts that should total up to 18 respec points. If you need more then get Orbs of Regret or start over. Your first character is going to suck. You're learning the game.

4. Stop picking up every item you see. Always pick up rare items (yellow) and pick up magic (blue) items if they look good. Identified blue items sell for Alteration shards and un-identified blue items sell for Transmutation shards.

5. Refer to #4. Stop picking up every white item.

6. Item stacking is generally pretty easy... You can use CONTROL+CLICK to move items between stash and inventory more quickly. Use shift+click to separate stacks.

TL;DR: Learn the game.
Last edited by Odissius on Oct 29, 2014, 9:18:27 PM
1. I assume you're talking about Master's missions. If you fail a mission... you failed. You'll have to try again the next time you meet the Master. You may have to adjust your strategy next time, or fail again. Live and learn. It's not a big deal in the long run.

2. The map gives several hints as to where some of the quest can be fulfilled. But it doesn't hold your hand. Sometimes you find out where you need to go next simply by continuing to move forward.

3. As you play longer, you'll earn more opportunities to respec your character. You may find orbs that will let you respec. Or you can buy them. But, in any case, you need to work for it; it doesn't come for free.

4. Don't pick up everything that drops. Be more discriminating. The small inventory is a purposeful aspect of the game.

5. Play longer, and you'll find better drops. You'll soon learn to ignore most white items, except for those you may want to craft.

6. Ctrl+click.
- here's my sig
Last edited by AcrylicHercules on Oct 29, 2014, 11:25:25 PM
If you use a town portal, you can re-enter the port to go back to where you were. Same as D3.
To add to what the rest of the people said:

-You have full respecs in every big patch (3-5 months). It seems awful to have a cost in time or orbs to respec, but with this comes build planning and diversity. It's like marriage and having to stick with a partner a lot of time, yadda dabba.

-Pick items that have a red, a blue and a green socket linked. Pick six socket items. Learn the vendor recipes (google!). Pick items with quality (it says superior in the name). With that, you should have reasons to pick up even white items. The tricky part is what items should have priority, but you'll manage.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Oct 29, 2014, 10:25:57 PM
"
Odissius wrote:

4. Stop picking up every item you see. Always pick up rare items (yellow) and pick up magic (blue) items if they look good. Identified blue items sell for Alteration shards and un-identified blue items sell for Transmutation shards.

5. Refer to #4. Stop picking up every white item.

Standard Forever
Feedback is most of the time appreciated but cmon man, all the things you have listed aren't even problems, they are just results of your own incompetence.

I guess that this thread emphasizes one thing: we need better tutorials for casual players. I mean I have to admit, understanding how things like respeccing work in PoE can be a bit tough for new players. Things are obviously better than like a year ago but I do understand why some new players find even basic mechanics in poe frustrating/baffling.
Last edited by MIIKKAAA on Oct 30, 2014, 3:19:19 AM
"
Three. let it be easier to reset skills so don't have to play a entire brand new character each time.

I agree with this

People claim is so choices have consequences - pretty retarded if you ask me. So what happens is everyone follows cookie cutter builds because they are afraid of bricking their character experimenting.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info